Magento Forum

Newsletter signup with other services. 

Mootrealm

Total Posts:  150
San Francisco, CA

It is great that Magento has the ability to collect addresses and send out newsletters, but anyone serious about email marketing will not want to be using the magento system in order to control spam issues. So I am wondering if their could be a way to alter the subscribe forms and opt in during checkout so that it could be integrated with services like Campaign Monitor and Mailchimp. I know for sure Campaign Monitor has an API.

A subscribe form is probably easily remedied by simply replacing the magento sign up form with the code that CM gives you, the main issue I see is people signing up for newsletters when they create an account or opt in during checkout. You then have to manually add people to the campaign monitor list or make sure they are marked unsubscribed in magento when they unsubscribe on CM. and then what if they go back into their account and change their mind. It gets real messy.

Just curious.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Administrator

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

I would expect such integrations to be available by the community shortly after the release. I fully agree with your comments.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community