Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SOLVED - PayPal Express error “This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient’s website to complete your transaction using their regular

mbokon

Total Posts:  8

I am using Magento 1.3.1. When trying to checkout using PayPal Express Sandbox environment, I get the error above. When I look at my orders in Magento, they are all there with a status of “pending PayPal” as if they were processed by Paypal. I do not see any errors on the PayPal debug table and am not sure where to look for any errors on PayPal’s site.

I setup these fields from the values from my PayPal Sandbox account to Magento in the PayPal Accounts tab. 
API UN= sandbox api username
API PW= sandbox password
API SIGNATURE= sandbox sig for sandbox api username
SANDBOX FLAG = yes
DEBUG FLAG=yes
PAYPAL URL = https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&token;=

I looked in the paypal_api_debug table and don’t see anything obvious but then again I don’t know what the correct data should look like. The attached file contains a record from the table.

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated! I am out of ideas on what to change or where to look?

Thanks,

Mark

File Attachments
paypal_api_debug.txt  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 135)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mbokon

Total Posts:  8

Solved it!  I got it to work.
I took out the semi colon after token .....&token;= so it now reads:
https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&token;=

To anyone having this problem, try it without ANY semi colons.

Mark

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community