Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing CSV with image links

nick11

Total Posts:  2

I’ve seen similar issues posted but none which seemed to be the same as this:

I’m uploading a csv to create/update products. I have an image path under the three cells for a product. The path is “/B/R/BR01-Bayview_2.jpg” and this image definitely exists. It’s the path that was applied to another product’s image I uploaded through the cms. After uploading, no change is made to the database. The product has no image applied to it (I only see a ‘no image’ watermark) and when exporting the csv, the image fields have no data in them - it looks the same as before I uploaded the new csv.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

If you upload you data with MagentoDataflow (Import/Export option), you need to put the image value with the image name (without the folders), and let those files into /media/impot.
MagentoDataflow makes the work.

After the import process, you need to refresh the Magento cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nick11

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for responding.

I’m following these steps (as I was before), but still nothing is working. I exported a csv that only has Name, SKU, and Image. When I exported, the Image field for all products was blank (the way it should be), then I filled in the values for one product’s image: example.jpg, and I also changed the name of the product. I then imported this csv, and emptied/reset cache. The name of the product successfully changed, but there was no image. Then I exported again, and the image field was blank.
This makes no sense to me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Harry4

Total Posts:  44
India

Hi,

I am also working to sort out the image path update through cvs file. I have manually uploaded images in images/catalog/product/folder1/folder2/image_name.jgp.

And have updated path in csv file. And when I try to update the existing product images .. I wouldn’t effect with the new file.

I have wasted to much hours while mashing with this issue. please update here if anybody knows hack of this issue??

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webcitz

Total Posts:  128
Appleton, WI

Damián Culotta - 05 May 2009 06:48 AM

If you upload you data with MagentoDataflow (Import/Export option), you need to put the image value with the image name (without the folders), and let those files into /media/impot.
MagentoDataflow makes the work.

After the import process, you need to refresh the Magento cache.

Hey Harry4,

As Damian said, you need to put the images into /media/import. It does not matter how you define the path in the CSV, it will always start from /media/import. Therefore, if you define “images/catalog/product/folder1/folder2/xxx.jpg” will result in the import searching for images in “/media/import/images/catalog/product/folder1/folder2/xxx.jpg”

You should probably login to File Manager and move all of the image folders you uploaded into the /media/import folder, or simply upload them again (duplicated) into the /media/import folder.

Doing it this way is going to be much easier than looking for a way to hack the code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Harry4

Total Posts:  44
India

thanks webcitz

I am able to import the images by csv..

but I have one more issue,

Now I want to update the current images with the new one. and I want to remove existing one.

How can i do it from csv ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community