Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How would I tie in to set of user tables? 

Shpigford

Total Posts:  171
Denver, CO

I’m wanting to possibly integrate Magento in to an application and would thus want to share the user tables.

There doesn’t seem to be a clear “user” table where all user data is stored (unfortunate), but what tables do I need to look into to make this happen?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MOdMac

Total Posts:  4

Customers along with products and many objects in magento use attribute tables to store all their details.
Attributes are described in the ‘eav_attribute’ table.  The most important fields are the attribute_code and backend_type,
The main table for customers is ‘customer_entity’ which stores its attributes in ‘customer_entity_varchar’, ‘customer_entity_int’, etc.

To find customer emails you can run a query like this:

select value from customer_entity_varchar as eveav_attribute as a
where a
.attribute_id ev.attribute_id
and attribute_code 'email'

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community