Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add multiple products to store view at once

seDev

Total Posts:  51

Hello,

Is there a way to select a number of products and add them all to a store view instead of doing each one individually?

Séamus

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

Hello Séamus,
If I understand you correctly, this can be accomplished through the dataflow product import. If you are just looking to assign products to a store view, there is a column for this on the excel/xml file used for importing and exporting.

Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

seDev

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t think I was clear enough about what I an trying to do. Basically, I have a store with a few hundred products already entered. I have created two other linked stores but the products are not checked in the store views by default. I am hoping to avoid editing each product individually to activate them.

Is that possible?

Séamus

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

It will be easier to do in next release, by working with catalog_product_website table directly and adding product_id - website_id combination.

With last release it is not easily possible.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seDev

Hi Moshe,

That’s what I thought. Magento is pretty good about showing you the options available. Figured it might save me some carpal tunnel to ask, though!

Very much looking forward to the next release.

Thanks,

Seamus

Magento Community
Magento Community

Applebee

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

In the table catalog_product_website you have for example product_id = 1 and website_id = 1.

When you select multiple stores, you get the same product id a couple of times with the different store id’s behind it. Is there a way to automatically set all product to all stores?

Best,
Caroline

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community