Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento on Shared Hosting - Good or not? 

novoutech

Total Posts:  5

Hi guys, I am having a magento site what is working on share hosting. The problem is I see it ‘s too slow. Does it work if I keep it? I mean is anyway I can make it faster in shared hosting? Because my shop only have roughly 100 visits/day

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

beautyeyeshop

Total Posts:  8

The key here is still the hosting company provide ecommerce hosting or not. If they provide hosting for ecommerce and then everything fine. Then you take a look more advance. Maybe some kind cache and some features what speed up your site. I am using a dedicated server now but before of that I use A2 Hosting for my Magento site, it work very fast with SSD technique. It really faster than normal 300%.

Magento Community
Magento Community

novoutech

beautyeyeshop - 02 June 2013 07:19 AM

The key here is still the hosting company provide ecommerce hosting or not. If they provide hosting for ecommerce and then everything fine. Then you take a look more advance. Maybe some kind cache and some features what speed up your site. I am using a dedicated server now but before of that I use A2 Hosting for my Magento site, it work very fast with SSD technique. It really faster than normal 300%.

I go with your suggest, it work very good now. Hope it keep stable and fast as it is now. Thanks guy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

novoutech

londonk - 02 June 2013 08:07 AM

I believe the option of beautyeyeshop is right. I used their service for my wordpress site, it work well but didn’t try magento. I am using SiteGround Magento Hosting package for my magento site and it work well with 3k visits/day.

I tried another hosting in 30 days with your choice too, londonk. It work great more than I though. Thanks you guys for nice suggestion.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magehdirectory

Total Posts:  3

2 options have different features

- If you are good guy in magento programming, then you can choose SiteGround Magento Hosting package with supercacher support what can help you speed up a lot.

- If you don’t want to do anything in coding, you can choose A2 Magento Hosting package what already got the good performance without caching. But I think if you can use caching technique it should faster.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kete55

Total Posts:  27

Did you use their supercacher, novoutech? How fast is it? Can you send me your link, I am interesting to see the speed. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

novoutech - 02 June 2013 07:04 AM

Hi guys, I am having a magento site what is working on share hosting. The problem is I see it ‘s too slow. Does it work if I keep it? I mean is anyway I can make it faster in shared hosting? Because my shop only have roughly 100 visits/day

For shared hosting does your host has ngnix webserver , you can check out :  Web Hosting UK

Magento Community
Magento Community

laikaspot

Total Posts:  30

Of course, shared hosting work well for magento. I hosted many sites and they are all worked well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cristinaclark

Total Posts:  14

londonk - 02 June 2013 08:07 AM

I believe the option of beautyeyeshop is right. I used their service for my wordpress site, it work well but didn’t try magento. I am using SiteGround Magento Hosting package for my magento site and it work well with 3k visits/day.

Great to know, it ‘s more than I expect for a share host.

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Take a look at this, it is a pretty funny thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/448717/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

You may take a look at this review about shared Magento Hosting, with our years of experience using Magento we can see that the review is quite accurate, although there’re some missing points about Nexcess and Hostgator. However, this article is worth seeing
http://magentotutorial.net/best-magento-hosting/
P/s: we recommend using VPS as Magento is a resource-demanding platform, a VPS will ensure that your site never lacks of RAM, CPU

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community