Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I skip Shipping Method and Payment Information in OnePage Checkout ? 

LapinLove404

Total Posts:  21

Hi,

I have only One Shipping Method and One Payment method activated in my shop.

therefore, i’d like to skip the corresponding step in my OnePage checkout and simply display payment and shipping together with the review.

Is there a way to skip these steps in the onepage checkout ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bamich

Total Posts:  10
Switzerland, Zürich

would interest me as well. Any solution available yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

finch8243

Total Posts:  79

Me too—ideas?  I’ve commented out the steps in checkout.xml, but this breaks the checkout process.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Unic

Total Posts:  18
Zürich, Switzerland

To skip process steps in the onepage checkout, you need to re-code the ajax-script responsible for the checkout - there doesn’t seem to be any configuration for this.

However, I read in this forums, that some users think about writing their own checkout-process. Just do a search on this an maybe, you could get in contact with them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

invaderflid

Total Posts:  59
Northport Long Island New York

Note: I am using version 1.1.7

Heres a quick answer go to MAGENTO_ROOT/skin/frontend/default/yourtemplate/js/opcheckout.js. The lines in the beginning of the save functions are the issue. 

if (checkout.loadWaiting!=false) return;

What I did was set a hidden field in my billing.phtml file and used a check to avoid this if statement

if( ($('zeroSum')) && ($('zeroSum').value != 'zero') && checkout.loadWaiting!=false) return;

Do something like that on the save functions all the sections you want to skip. Then you can add the save methods of all these section in the on click event of the button for that page.

onclick="billing.save(); shippingMethod.save(); payment.save();"

Sorry I couldn’t be more descriptive, maybe I’ll edit this post again soon with a better explanation. Hopefully this helps someone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dum dum

Total Posts:  22

hi, i try to skip the shipping method on the “onclick”, but it not work, please help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Figueroa

Total Posts:  21

I had to do this this week for a customer of ours.

The way I solved it was to override the Mage_Checkout_OnepageController with my own.

There you have to overload the method from which you want to skip from.
The methods saveXYZAction() set the return value to where the JS should jump to e.g.:

$result['goto_section''shipping_method';

You could change that to:

$result['goto_section''payment';

If you did that in the saveBillingAction it would jump from billing straight to payment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

teaserX

Total Posts:  2

The way I solved it was to override the Mage_Checkout_OnepageController with my own.

The methods saveXYZAction() set the return value to where the JS should jump to e.g.:

]$result[’goto_section’] = ‘shipping_method’;[/code

[code$result[’goto_section’] = ‘payment’;[/code

If you did that in the saveBillingAction it would jump from billing straight to payment.

This works nicely to pass over Shipping Method in the one page checkout going forward, however should the user choose to go ‘back’ to the shipping address for edit or review etc, the back link will take them to the Shipping Method that was skipped. From here the back and continue links will function but if the back link is followed to the Shipping Information the user is stranded there. The Shipping Information is no longer linked to the Payment information or the Shipping Method.

Magento Community
Magento Community

velvet_grooves

Hi there,

My issue is the opposite to this, so I\\\’m wondering if you might be able to help?

When I click on continue via \\\"Billing Information\\\”, it goes straight to the Shipping Method tab. I want it to go to the Shipping Information tab. Is there a way to resolve this?…

Magento Community
Magento Community

velvet_grooves

Hi there,

My issue is the opposite to this, so I\\\\\\\’m wondering if you might be able to help?

When I click on continue via “Billing Information”, it goes straight to the Shipping Method tab. I want it to go to the Shipping Information tab. Is there a way to resolve this?…

Magento Community
Magento Community

usem

Total Posts:  66

app/code/core/mage/checkout/block/onepage.php

$stepCodes = array('billing''shipping''shipping_method''payment''review');

you can remove checkout steps from here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mohxin

Total Posts:  24

Sam Figueroa - 23 September 2009 04:06 AM

I had to do this this week for a customer of ours.

$result['goto_section''shipping_method';

$result['goto_section''payment';

@ Sam Figueroa

where can i find this particular line of codes? Please can you mention full directory?
Thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

usem

Total Posts:  66

This module may help you, flatrate_fixed is setled by default.

File Attachments
Shipping_Step.zip  (File Size: 6KB - Downloads: 198)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community