Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Issuing vouchers/coupon codes? 

Sintax

Total Posts:  58
Hungary

How can I issue a voucher in Magento? I want to issue vouchers which would allow the user to get a discount off the final price (when he enters the code at the cart).

I couldn’t find the place where the “promotion codes” were created.

The final step would be to have this generated from the My Account. I want to create a “Miles program” inside the store. So when the user shops for X dollars they get Y miles which they can redeem for discount vouchers. The X dollars for Y miles is ok, but how do I generate a coupon which Magento will recognize when I can not even create a static one from the admin menu.

::Sintax

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sintax

Hungary

Aren’t vouchers/promotion codes possible in Magento? The checkout screen has them. How can I create one from the admin menu?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

You can create promotions with promo code by going to:
Admin > Promotions > Shopping Cart Price Rules

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sintax

Hungary

I noticed that you have to select ALL the products that it applied to. Can’t I just create a coupon that has a 5$ discount on ALL products. Since if I have to select the products when creating the coupon and new products get added then it wouldn’t apply to them right?

Any thoughts?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sintax

Hungary

Also how do I create a coupon which gives 5$ off of the cart price? When adding the coupon as “fixed” and setting the Discount amount to 5 and the maximum qty to 1 it gives a discount of 5$ x Numberofitems in cart. If I click “stop processing further rules” it won’t even accept the code.

Am I missing something here?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community