Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Speeding up Magento

myladeybugg

Total Posts:  32

I am in the process of speeding up my Maagento store and had a couple questions.

I am currently running NGNIX with APC and cpXstack. I don’t believe cpXstack has helped the speed at all, so I have been looking at other solutions. Is it possible to run NGNIX with APC, Varnish, and Memcache?

Or can I only run NGNIX with Varnish and Memcache?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

You can use any of the combinations, Nginx, APC, Memcache, Varnish are all good but a complete pig to setup. We did not bother, managed to get access to an enviroment built as part of a $1million project to provide performance comparable to Apple, Saks at 10-20% of the price (they provide managed hosting), now that is fast and has auto-scaling clusters. Cheap it is not, very few have managed to get this running with stability, and if they have the results are so impressive that if they give them away they are shooting themselves in the foot, eCommerce has a lot to do with performance to get the search engine rankings, survivial of the fittest and all that.

Hopefully you will be able to cobble it together and keep it stable, you will enjoy the results. That is why it is why they only provide managed hosting and make you sign an NDA, gold dust!

Magento Community
Magento Community

myladeybugg

Total Posts:  32

serpyre - 02 June 2013 04:14 AM

You can use any of the combinations, Nginx, APC, Memcache, Varnish are all good but a complete pig to setup. We did not bother, managed to get access to an enviroment built as part of a $1million project to provide performance comparable to Apple, Saks at 10-20% of the price (they provide managed hosting), now that is fast and has auto-scaling clusters. Cheap it is not, very few have managed to get this running with stability, and if they have the results are so impressive that if they give them away they are shooting themselves in the foot, eCommerce has a lot to do with performance to get the search engine rankings, survivial of the fittest and all that.

Hopefully you will be able to cobble it together and keep it stable, you will enjoy the results. That is why it is why they only provide managed hosting and make you sign an NDA, gold dust!

Thanks for the info. I decided to go with NGINX, APC, and memcache. I just installed memcache last night, still have to set it up, but so far I am down from 10 sec load times with nothing installed to 3-5 sec load times.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sumantechno
Guru

Total Posts:  478
Bangalore

You can check the following document
http://www.gxjansen.com/101-ways-to-speed-up-your-magento-e-commerce-website/

You can purchase the following extension . This extension is excellent.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/lightspeed-full-page-caching.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community