Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Related Products show up, but only 3 have checkboxes. Rest have no checkboxes! 

dshank

Total Posts:  36

I have several products to which i’ve added 8 related products.

When i view these products, the related products show up on the left side, as they’re supposed to.

However, only the bottom 3 have the selection checkboxes next to them. The top 5 have no checkbox. When i click “Select all”, just the bottom 3 select of course, as there are no checkboxes on the top ones.

I’m using the Modern theme.

anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to solve it?

thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rezdev

Total Posts:  4

We have similar problem here..
It’s not about the theme.

http://www.lotusseedsdesign.com/blog/configurable-product-in-related-product-feature

It is also happen when the products is out of stock.

When you UNREQUIRE the custom options, the checkbox will show.
However it is still useless. Although you have checked those related products, they will not be added in cart when you add a product to cart along with them.
Your products’ option still need to be selected, otherwise it will raise an error (No SKU) when you add it to cart.

It seem the custom options don’t have default value too. Should it have, it would be better.

Then the question: how should we treat this behavior? how to make it more user friendly to our customers?
Some guys added explanatory statement inside the related products. But in our case we have a lot of products who have the custom options.

Any help or suggestions are really appreciated.
Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dscott11

Total Posts:  13
California

Hi There,
In order for a related product to have a checkbox and be added to the cart it cannot have custom options.

That was my finding in 1.1.7, it does make sense since the customer could not choose options after it is in the cart.

David

Magento Community
Magento Community

rezdev

Total Posts:  4

Thanks David,

It is make sense, indeed.
So when you have products with custom options, what would you do to make it up? Should we just leave it there as it is now?

We have so many products that come with custom options, it is hard to remove all of those custom options because they are exist for good reasons.
Then we can’t now make comparisons nor do mass order (from related products)

I hope there is a better way to compromise with this situation. Or is there any programming tips for problem?

Thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

dscott11

Total Posts:  13
California

Perhaps you could have a product without the options to use for add to cart and on that product detail description link to the customizable product. People may click on the related product link befor the check box.

David

Magento Community
Magento Community

rwone

Total Posts:  174

I’m having a similar problem here where i can only get 1 related product to show in the related product box even though i have selected two.  The only thing i can see that could cause the problem is that the related product is a downloadable product? Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

Edit:  Found the solution to my problem here!

“To fix the problem, I just went to Admin >> System >> Index Management.  All the indexes are smiling back at me with big green icons saying their status is “ready.” BS.  I just selected all and re-indexed, and my related products finally show up”. 

Thank You Clay S!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community