Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Remove space between $ and price

Centerdesk, LLC

Total Posts:  4

How can I get rid of the space between the $ and the price. i.e., I want to show $5.00, not $ 5.00.  Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Williams

Total Posts:  67
Dallas, TX

I noticed that too.  I mentioned it in the bug report.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

Total Posts:  238

I think the code is located here:

\app\design\frontend\default\default\template\catalog\product

But anytime I change anything, it’s not showing up on the frontend...so I’m not positive.  I see the similar sources though.  Maybe that will be a good start first clue smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

Total Posts:  238

Doesn’t look like this was fixed in the most recent release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jnorton01

Total Posts:  49

If you are still having problems getting prices to display properly then edit the price.phtml template located at:
app/design/frontend/default/yourtheme/template/catalog/product/price.phtml - I am using the modern theme as a building block.

Basically, the default looks like this:
<?php echo Mage::helper('core')->currency($_price) ?>

Simply throw in a str_replace (if you can handle the overhead):
<?php echo str_replace (" ", "", Mage::helper('core')->currency($_price)) ?>

Remember to replace the strings for all other prices i.e. _minimalPrice, _finalPrice.

Hope this helps,

Justin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jnorton01

Total Posts:  49

jnorton01 - 02 July 2008 05:53 AM

If you are still having problems getting prices to display properly then edit the price.phtml template located at:
app/design/frontend/default/yourtheme/template/catalog/product/price.phtml - I am using the modern theme as a building block.

Remember to replace the strings for all other prices i.e. _minimalPrice, _finalPrice.

Hope this helps,

Justin.

*Update:

The above solution works for prices but renders the mark-up <span class="nobr">price</span> invalid i.e. <spanclass="nobr">price</span> - which isn’t valid HTML mark-up.

I can seem to find where the span is added to the price, so I guess it happens within core - I think waiting for a fix is the best idea.

Out of interest, does anyone know why HTML theme based mark-up is being added by core and is seemingly incapable of being overridden?

J.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Just to make a note of it, the space between the currency sign and the price is actually correct syntax in most European countries.

I.e. NOK 5,00 and Euro 5,00 is correct displayed.

But for example in the UK, I believe they use £5.00.

Magento Community
Magento Community

havocware

Total Posts:  13
Chicago, IL

jnorton01 - 08 July 2008 01:56 AM

jnorton01 - 02 July 2008 05:53 AM

Hope this helps,

Justin.

*Update:

The above solution works for prices but renders the mark-up <span class="nobr">price</span> invalid i.e. <spanclass="nobr">price</span> - which isn’t valid HTML mark-up.

I can seem to find where the span is added to the price, so I guess it happens within core - I think waiting for a fix is the best idea.

Out of interest, does anyone know why HTML theme based mark-up is being added by core and is seemingly incapable of being overridden?

J.

Yeah - core spitting out HTML formatting sucks, but you can get still use the above str_replace call with a small modification, just catch the “$space” instead of any “space” like this:

<?php echo str_replace ("\$ ""\$"Mage::helper('core')->currency($_price)) ?>

Worked for me.

- hw

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ures

Total Posts:  6

norbolig - 08 July 2008 02:22 AM

Just to make a note of it, the space between the currency sign and the price is actually correct syntax in most European countries.

I.e. NOK 5,00 and Euro 5,00 is correct displayed.

But for example in the UK, I believe they use £5.00.

I think that it is good idea so far. But your magento will look more attractive ones you have your currencies signs unified

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

@Ures: Yes, and not limited to currency sign! There are a lot of things that would be a lot easier if unified. Another magento challenge is the different shipping addresses, VAT numbers, etc. etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community