Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Domain (4) + 1 Magento installation with the same product, same cart different language/frontpage/logo depending on domain

StockMania

Total Posts:  56

Hello everyone,

I have tried to find an answer without any luck.

What i am trying to do is have multiple url thats shows a different language/frontpage/color/logo but same cart and db

For example i have this domains:

Default domain is: mydomain.eu/boutique

Additional domain: mydomain.be (belgium)
mydomain.de (german)
mydomain.es (spanish)

What I would like is when they click the language flag on my mydomain.eu for example the Belgium flag, it opens up the mydomain.be url, and the frontpage shows a logo customized for belgium people with a custom frontpage for them with a different color scheme.

I have setup the domains with each one has a public_html, I have installed Magento once on mydomain.eu/boutique
I have created different store view in magento. French (eu) Belgium (be) German (de) Spanish (es)

I have tried to enter under System > Configuration > URL under the Belgium store the url mydomain.be but thats gives me a empty page since it searches

http://www.mydomain.be/boutique/?SID=b1c1657d9b1b253d78a3aba3a&___store=belgique&___from_store=default
but this mydomain.be dont have the installation.

My goal is that each country has its own custom logo, page and color. With same products, same cart, same db and my last step is the url showing right

I have managed so far, to get all the languages to work in my shop, setup a different color scheme and logo view depending on language, all i need to make work is the url to show correctly depending on the choosen language or when they enter directly a url like mydomain.be (Belgium) or mydomain.de (German) or mydomain.es (Spain) wich opens the right language/design

Anyone has any idea ? Thank you veru much

Regards
Maxim

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

StockMania

Total Posts:  56

Hello

I see that noone has even looked at my request. Come guys, i am sure someone knows ) I am stuck. Please be kind

Regards
Maxim

Magento Community
Magento Community

fabcreasenso

Total Posts:  31

Hi,

I try to do the same thing for a new project : different urls for different language on the same store (which is good for seo)..
I found a guy who did it buy modifying his apache configuration, but I hope it’s possible directly in the magento configuration of the multiple views or store..
you can check this if you want : http://maglife.co.uk/2009/03/30/running-multiple-magento-stores-on-multiple-domains-from-a-single-indexphp/

But I’m still hoping to find another way, directly in magento..
If you find a solution, please post it and let me know..

good luck

Fab

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Maxim, I have the same as you and it works very well (I have 6 shops, 4 share the same products but for different languages, .nl .de and then .co.uk and .ie which share English). If you still need help, let me know.

Fab, you need something different. You say on the same store, Maxim and I have it on different Websites.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

You can’t do all of the URL setting only via the Magento admin panel and do have to mess with conf files and index.php to support multiple domains.  Try this thread for a previous explanation.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/24833/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community