Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is there a way to add credit card swipe to Magento? 

Attan

Total Posts:  23

I want to create a very basic POS system using magento—I just need to add credit card swipe to the regular order process. Is there a way to add CC swipe feature to Magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Robben1

Total Posts:  21

I’m using an extension called Web POS from Magestore that supports this function. Not sure if it’s what you’re looking for :-?
Purchased this extension along with One step checkout (also by Magestore) and very happy with both of them. Web POS is great for taking offline (phone) orders. All steps to create order in backend are processed in one page. Allow searching products by names/ SKUs, barcodes; place an order as guests or as existing customers… The trial version of Web POS was running well on my site and I was obliged to buy it.
Regarding your request, customers can use the swipe-card function when making payments. After swiping their credit cards, all their card information will be auto-filled.
Hope it helps! Cheers! :D

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community