Magento Forum

Australia Invoices

kieran491

Total Posts:  12

Hi there i was just wondering how you guys went about modifying the Invoices, Credit Memo and Shipping to reflect the australian requierments i have been looking at a couple of ways of doing this modifying the locale/en_US/Mage_Sales.csv modifying the PDFs that are in are in /core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Pdf but if you edit them you will be unable to just update magento with out having to find out what you modified

Hoping you guys may have found an easier way

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Couple of ideas/pointers Kieran:

All I did was to edit the email templates to include the words ‘Tax Invoice’ and any other relevant info.
I wrote about the process (which is upgrade proof) here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/40257/

But the PDF documents are another issue altogether, and while I’ve played around with them a bit, the changes are not upgrade proof, and not very suitable anyway.
So I’m looking closely at this extension:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1013/german-invoice-layout

It’s not free, but looks well worth the cost as it easily allows invoice editing and construction for both email and PDF invoices - and is upgrade proof!

Hope that helps..

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

cab

Total Posts:  15
Adelaide, Australia

I ended up using this extension: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1228/pdf-customiser/ which is very similar to the one Neil mentioned.
Installed easily and worked well.
Also asked the developer about some modifications and he was really helpful and prompt.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Corporate007

Total Posts:  14

Hi guys,

That sounds like really good advice..

I have one question..

I have a invoice being sent to myself and customer, as shown below: (BUT MY issue is how to add the STATE parameter after the postcode)?? ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCHLY APPRECIATED

Your order confirmation is below.

Your Order #100000042 (placed on 12 November 2009)

Billing Information:
Payment Method:
MRS XXX XXXXn
12 XXXXXX Street
SUBURB, 3912,
Australia
T: PHONE

Shipping Information:
Shipping Method:
MRS XXX XXXXn
12 XXXXXX Street
SUBURB, 3912,
Australia
T: PHONE

Kind Regards
Newby

?;-p

Magento Community
Magento Community

jerwood

Total Posts:  42

Hey - since you guys are messing around with the templates for invoices and e-mails and such… I had a question.

Would any of you know how to get the gift message from the checkout screen that the customer enters over into either the transactional e-mails or the invoice?

I’m dying over here, and I can’t figure out how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

jerwood

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community