Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Australian Extension and Magento 1.3.1

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Chris,

I’m wondering if you have tried installing your Australian Extension on 1.3.1 yet?
Are you aware of any problems?

I’m building a dev store from scratch (to scared to update my live store!), and duplicating my modules and extensions.
It may have been something else entirely, but the Aust. Extension was the first one I installed on a brand-new 1.3.1 store, and after installing, I couldn’t get to the frontend or admin. No error, just wouldn’t load.

As I say, could easily be something else, but given some people’s problems with 1.2.1… I thoght it worth asking.

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Fontis

Total Posts:  99
Melbourne, Australia

I’m not aware of any problems with version 1.3.1 - in fact, I’ve had a report from someone that they have installed on 1.3.1 successfully.

As with any extension installation/upgrade it is better to test on a non-live copy first to discover any errors. Also, clearing the var/cache and var/session directories (assuming sessions are stored in the filesystem and not the database) is common practice whenever we do an upgrade to avoid errors when running the store for the first time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

Good to hear Chris… I’ll put the other problem down to something else, and will try again today.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

will_oz

Total Posts:  15
Adelaide, Australia

I just installed the Australia extension on v 1.3.1 (fresh) without any problems at all. (Maybe I shouldn’t post this; there is such a thing as tempting fate you know...)

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

Thanks for the info will_oz - I’m sure my problem was something else…

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

porle

Total Posts:  19

Hiya,

I installed the 1.1 Australia extension on 1.3.1 today, the installed kinda crashed at the end, but i rebooted and logged in again and it was there in my extensions list (i am running a test site locally on XAMMP).

I tried to install the australia english language extension but i got this error:

Failed to download magento-community/Locale_Mage_Community_en_AU within preferred state “stable”, latest release is version 0.9.1.0.3, stability “beta”, use “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Locale_Mage_Community_en_AU-0.9.1.0.3” to install
Cannot initialize ‘channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Locale_Mage_Community_en_AU’, invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Locale_Mage_Community_en_AU” is not valid
PEAR ERROR: install failed

Has anyone had any success installing this on 1.3.1?  Its not a critical extension to have installed i know, but it would be nice.

In other news, can any one point me to some hard and fast tips on setting up GST and tax rates in general?  Getting started with Magento has been real slow going, I hope I can get something useful going with it soon!

thanks,
paul.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joshua Barrie

Total Posts:  52

porle - 03 May 2009 09:33 PM

In other news, can any one point me to some hard and fast tips on setting up GST and tax rates in general?  Getting started with Magento has been real slow going, I hope I can get something useful going with it soon!

Sent you a PM

Magento Community
Magento Community

brui

Total Posts:  6

Hello, I just tried to installed the extension on Magento 1.3.1 but it crashed. I installed thru the Magento connect manager.

I get this error, so I had to log in thru FTP and delete APP / CODE / COMMUNITY / FONTIS

Error in file: “/home/dunkelvo/public_html/app/code/community/Fontis/Australia/sql/australia_setup/mysql4-install-0.7.0.php” - SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘dunkelvo_ia1T2ma.ia1t_au_postcode’ doesn’t exist
Trace:
#0 /home/dunkelvo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(292): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home/dunkelvo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(167): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’install’, ‘’, ‘1.1’)
#2 /home/dunkelvo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(155): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb(’1.1’)
#3 /home/dunkelvo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/dunkelvo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/dunkelvo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(242): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/dunkelvo/public_html/app/Mage.php(432): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /home/dunkelvo/public_html/app/Mage.php(453): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /home/dunkelvo/public_html/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

VK4KBG

Total Posts:  104
Beerwah. Queensland. Australia

Hi I have installed the Australian Extension on 1.3.1.1 without issue.

As we sell world wide the Australian extension ‘clears out’ the rest of the world from the List of countries and location on the ‘signup’ page, will this extension break if I add the other counties back in somewhere or is there a better way to do it. I am not concerned about overseas states, as long as everyone can order and the process completes ok.

Cheers

Ron

Magento Community
Magento Community

robyng

Total Posts:  10

I installed the extension okay also but got this error when I went to checkout I got this message relating to a missing form in the direct deposit template.  Had to manually add ....../template/fontis/australia/payment/directdeposit directories and then put in a dummy form.phtml (actually copied purchaseorder.phtm then renamed it). This got over my checkout problems but the direct deposit of course does not work.  Does anyone have these directories set up or know how to change this.

a:2:{i:0;s:370:"Warning: Mage_Core_Block_Template::include(/var/www/jfb_live/app/design/frontend/justforbubs2/default/template/fontis/australia/payment/directdeposit/form.phtml) [<a href=’mage-core-block-template.include’>mage-core-block-template.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/jfb_live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 144";i:1;s:5133:"#0 /var/www/jfb_live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘Mage_Core_Block...’, ‘/var/www/jfb_li...’, 144, Array)

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

I’m curious about your path:
.../app/design/frontend/justforbubs2/default/template/fontis/australia/payment/directdeposit/form.phtml

Mine is:
.../app/design/frontend/default/nta/template/fontis/australia/payment/directdeposit

Notice that my template (nta) comes AFTER the ‘default’, whereas yours is before. Did you install this manually or through Magento Connect?
I think if I were you, and remove it and start again, as I think some directories are in the wrong place…

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

VK4KBG

Total Posts:  104
Beerwah. Queensland. Australia

RKB - 26 May 2009 05:01 PM

Hi I have installed the Australian Extension on 1.3.1.1 without issue.

As we sell world wide the Australian extension ‘clears out’ the rest of the world from the List of countries and location on the ‘signup’ page, will this extension break if I add the other counties back in somewhere or is there a better way to do it. I am not concerned about overseas states, as long as everyone can order and the process completes ok.

Cheers

Ron

Resolved this by going back in Countries and re-selecting allowed countries

Ron

Magento Community
Magento Community

robyng

Hi Chris

Thanks for your comments.

The path is correct
justforbubs2 is our interface name whereas yours seems to be default.

Under this we have our two theme directories, default and theme032

Fontis is trying to find the files in the default theme directory under our justforbubs2 interface.

I also tried this on another magento install and got the same thing - ie no fontis template files were found.  Could you perhaps give me the code for the form.phtml for the direct deposit and then all will be well.

Thanks again for a great extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robyng

Sorry Neil I had Chris on the brain.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

That’s fine - I answer to many names! wink

My bad about the the,plate name - hadn’t thought about that… if you want a copy of the form.phtml file it’s attached - but maybe you are after something else?

File Attachments
form.phtml  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 231)

Magento Community
Magento Community

robyng

Excellent thanks That’s just what I wanted.  I wonder if it did not create the directories because I don’t have a interface called ‘default’.  Weird.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2