Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multi-Website Store Setup Only Showing Flat Rate Shipping on Default Store

danielstrickland

Total Posts:  4

We have a single database setup of Magento running two separate websites (two separate domains), this way our two stores run through a single admin interface.  We have Flat Rate shipping turned off and USPS and UPS turned on and configured for our shipping options.

The problem I’m finding is that our default store shows “Flat Rate” as the only shipping option, whereas the non-default store shows only USPS and UPS (no flat rate).  I’ve gone into the admin and set the specific store to only use UPS and USPS, but it still only shows flat rate.  Any ideas on what would be preventing it from showing the shipping options that are configured for the site?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

danielstrickland

Following up to my original post.  Here’s some additional information about the problem.  We’re using Magento 1.3.1, again setup with two websites on separate domains (stored in separate directories as well, so two copies of code) and using a single database.  In the admin (which controls both sites of course), USPS and UPS shipping are turned on by default, and Flatrate is turned off.  I’ve even unchecked the “use default” for all three to make sure they’re explicitly specified for each site. 

When the “Find Quotes” button is clicked in the shopping cart for the problem sote, I’m finding that it always has flat rate enabled, and UPS and USPS disabled.  In adding some debugging info, I’m seeing that it’s requesting the settings for store 3 (which is the right ID # of the store), but the settings always come back with flat rate enabled.  For the working site, it comes back as store 2, and has the correc t settings (flat rate not active, and usps and ups active).

I’m a bit baffled by this, since I’ve even gone so far as adding a third site, configuring it appropriately, and it still comes back with flat rate active.  Any ideas on why it would do this on the one site but not the other?  Are some settings stored locally in XML files, and that’s why it’s not seeing the configuration changes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

danielstrickland

Problem solved.  For any who have the same trouble, the problem related to Magento having cached its settings.  In our case, the admin panel is run from one of the domains, which when a setting changes on that domain, the cached settings are updated; however, on our second domain, those are not updated, and thus the issue we had.  Clearing out /var/cache/ and /var/sessions/ fixed the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community