Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Need help with layout of home page (’root’)

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

I’m trying to make the main page that displays when the store is first accessed a 3 column layout, however, although that is what I have specified in page.xml under my custom layout, something is overriding it and I can’t figure out what layout file that is. I’m just using a copy of the default layout with the sample data for now.

I tried to move the mini shopping cart from the right to the left like in the exercise at the end of the designer’s guide. It works on other pages that do have 3 columns of course. I just can’t seem to quite figure out what’s overriding the layout of the main home page to make it a 2 column layout. Anyone know which layout xml file that might be?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

Awesome. Thank you so much ohminu!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community