Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Show Free Shipping on Product Page

apollo9k

Total Posts:  18

I’ve read the tutorial for creating a new attribute on products that indicates “Free Shipping” but the result is only viewed when the customer goes to check out and they see free shipping as an option.

I’ve seen numerous posts with this same question and no answer so I thought I throw another in the mix.

How do we let our customers know free shipping is available on an item before the head to the check out?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tandylacker

Total Posts:  207

Just add an image or text to the short description and it will appear pretty boldly on the top of the product page.... .

Magento Community
Magento Community

apollo9k

that sounds like an okay solution, but not very practical.

The reason the attribute solution would work is because to can update numerous products all at once instead of going into each item.

Thanks for the idea, though.

Is there anyway we can show attributes on the product pages?

Magento Community
Magento Community

eBoxNet

Total Posts:  5

you can create a static block and then add the block on the desired .phtml file

Magento Community
Magento Community

eBoxNet

Total Posts:  5

well i can be more specific rasberry

!!!! ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE EDITING THEM !!!!

Go to your store’s administration page and then go to :

CMS -> Static Blocks
Then click the : “Add New Block” Button
Create your block like this :

Block Title : my-happy-block
Identifier :freeshipping_block
content : the content you need to display.

Click Save Block.

Now we just have to include the block in the desired place.
let’s say you need to display this after every product’s description.

You need to edit app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/description.phtml
( this is only for the default theme if you use another theme then you have to edit app/design/frontend/default/YOUR THEME/template/catalog/product/view/description.phtml )

open this file and edit to look like this :

<div class="product-specs">
<?php echo $this->helper('catalog/output')->productAttribute($this->getProduct(), nl2br($this->getProduct()->getDescription()), 'description')
<
block type="cms/block" name="freeshipping-block-add">
<
action method="setBlockId"><block_id>freeshipping_block</block_id></action>
</
block>?>
</div>

save the file refresh your cache and your static block up and running ( i hope rasberry )

Magento Community
Magento Community

apollo9k

Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough. Static blocks are a great way to show editable content, but they don’t really fit my situation.

I’m looking to show “Free Shipping” on a per-item basis. An example would be when 500 items out of 9000 have free shipping.

It looks like the only way to do this is to apply a custom design to the items. You can apply a custom design to multiple items at once which is good. The only down side is now I have to create a whole app and skin folder, just to show free shipping.

It would be so nice if we could just show the attribute on the product page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hmmcreative

Total Posts:  2
San Diego, CA

I see this thread has been dead for a while but wanted to share how I did this on a product to product basis so it may help others. You can show a Free Shipping attribute on a product page with a small amount of PHP code in your app/design/frontend/default/YOURTEMPLATE/template/catalog/product/view.phtml file.

First, I set up an attribute for Free Shipping, where the attribute code is “freeship” and set it to be a Yes/No field. Also, you’ll need to make “Visible on Product View Page on Front-end” set to yes.

I then set up an equation in the view.phtml file. If the freeship attribute for a product is set to Yes, then it will show “This Product Qualifies for Free Ground Shipping”

If the freeship attribute for a product is no, then nothing shows up. You can of course insert your own messages or styling within the statement.

Here is my code:

<?php $_Freeship $_product->getFreeship();

if (
$_Freeship >= 1{

echo 'This Product Qualifies for Free Ground Shipping';
else {

echo "";
}
?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

usenew

Total Posts:  1

and which line?

your code:

<?php $_Freeship $_product->getFreeship();

if (
$_Freeship >= 1{

echo 'This Product Qualifies for Free Ground Shipping';
else {

echo "";
}
?>

-----------------------------------------

and which line in view.phtml?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hmmcreative

San Diego, CA

In my view.phtml file it is at line 95, but I also have a more customized theme so it is likely a different line than yours. You can place the code right above the add to cart links or under the product name, or where ever you think it makes sense with your layout.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nareshseeta

hyderabad

Thanks Mate,

for simple solution works great

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

apollo9k - 27 April 2009 09:31 AM

I’ve read the tutorial for creating a new attribute on products that indicates “Free Shipping” but the result is only viewed when the customer goes to check out and they see free shipping as an option.

I’ve seen numerous posts with this same question and no answer so I thought I throw another in the mix.

How do we let our customers know free shipping is available on an item before the head to the check out?

Hi there, as one of solutions to the problem you may consider this extension: http://amasty.com/custom-stock-status.html. It allows you properly inform customers about products’ stock statuses by asigning them either automatically or manually.

The extension will enable you to:

- Create unlimited number of product stock statuses
- Assign stock statuses to products automatically or manually
- Display out of stock options of configurable products
- Use nice-looking icons for stock statuses
- Display stock statuses based on product quantity

Please take a look at the screenshots below to get a proper idea of the module’s functionality:

Image Attachments
show-custom-stock-status-in-shopping-cart.pngmagento-custom-stock-status-on-product-page.pngmagento-back-instock-notification.jpgmagento-stock-status-for-configurable-products.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community