Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Allow customer to select the attribute option in magento

neetw

Total Posts:  17

Hi,
This is the first time i am working with magento, on creating an ecommerce website, which i am testing on localhost. In this website i need the user to select the attributes on the product.

e.g. I have a product called Blackforest Cake, and the admin has set the attribute with Shape = Circle, Topping = Chocolate Flakes, etc.

Now the customer comes in and he wants to change the shape from Circle to Rectangle and Topping from Chocolate Flakes to Cherries. He also wants to specify one more attribute, Message, which is a textarea, where he can put the greeting message, like Happy Birthday.

Is it possible to do this in Magento? How should I go about it?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

No, customers cannot changes attributes, that`s the wrong way, you have to use product custom options.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

Please check out Choosing the right type of product in Magento article. It should help to choose the most suitable product type.

Thank you,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community