Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Shipwire Integration

Mark Howson

Total Posts:  28
UK (Weather: Cold and Rainy)

I’ll throw this one out there and shove a link to the topic in the Wiki for Modules Wanted. One of the most popular order fulfillment companies in America is Shipwire. They’ve got over 2,000,000 sqft of warehousing space which small companies can buy for a monthly fee plus the cost of shipping.

Furthermore, they have a great API that makes it easy to integrate the method and automate it. This feature is present in many other solutions such as:

- Shopify
- CRE Loaded
- eBay
- ZenCart

It’d be really nice to see this feature in Magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

Interesting, I hadn’t heard of such a service, but it kinda makes sense. Does their API calculate the most cost-effective shipping method (Chicago for easterners and LA for westerners)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark Howson

Total Posts:  28
UK (Weather: Cold and Rainy)

Yes, assuming you send stock to both warehouses. If you only work in one half of the country, you just send all your stock to that warehouse.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shipwire order fulfillment

Total Posts:  2

Hello Mark,

I’m with Shipwire and have been taking a look at Magento to see if we can get a module created.  I was thrilled to see you post it on the wanted modules wiki.

I’ll put this out to the community.  Is there any way that Shipwire can help make this happen short of one of our developers building the module?  We want to support the Magento developer community and our own Developer Certification program.

I know we can always throw some effort at a module to make it happen.  I would ideally like to see somebody out there take the initiative to accomplish this.  A few details on that program.  http://help.shipwire.com/c/welcome/partner/

The partner program has some pretty lucrative affiliate payouts and we’re hoping developers build connections and create business expertise that will help them derive value.  If somebody steps forth and wants to do a module and distribute it I will work with them to Certify them as a Shipwire Certified Developer so that they can get placement on Shipwire.com.

I don’t want to overstep my bounds on this thread and I want to support the communities so if this is not the right approach somebody please private message me.

Nate
Shipwire Bus Dev

Magento Community
Magento Community

kolanos

Total Posts:  1

It has been almost a year, has there been any progress in regards to a Shipwire module for Magento?

If not, would anyone be interested in collaborating with me to develop one?

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Hey Kolanos,

I am interesting in collaborating on this effort as I’m looking to do something similar. I’m struggling at the moment trying to find the best way to hook into the ordering process short of hacking the core code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Meanbee

Total Posts:  100
Bath, UK

I’m in the final stages of testing the module, well the first iteration - the order submission.  Should be up on Connect in a couple of days.  Just working through some bugs for UK addresses with the Shipwire team.

Stay tuned.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Meanbee

Bath, UK

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/552/shipwire-order-fulfillment-integration

Any help beta testing would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

For those on the fence on testing this. Installed with no issues and tested well in a 1.1.6 environment.

Thanks again Nick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Meanbee

Bath, UK

@skippybosco: Thanks for testing the module out.  Much appreciated.

New version is a lot more stable.  Also removed the Shipwire “Shipping Module” that I had in there.  You will have to use another shipping method module, such as flat rate, for charging for Shipping.  I’ve done this on recommendations from the Shipwire.com team.  The main reason for this is that there is an API for their delivery prices coming out before long and I would like to build that into the module.

I’m going to get started on the Inventory Synch and the Tracking Updates now so they’ll be added to the module before long.

Magento Community
Magento Community

daddyg

Total Posts:  77

Meanbee - 23 October 2008 06:35 AM

@skippybosco: Thanks for testing the module out.  Much appreciated.

New version is a lot more stable.  Also removed the Shipwire “Shipping Module” that I had in there.  You will have to use another shipping method module, such as flat rate, for charging for Shipping.  I’ve done this on recommendations from the Shipwire.com team.  The main reason for this is that there is an API for their delivery prices coming out before long and I would like to build that into the module.

I’m going to get started on the Inventory Synch and the Tracking Updates now so they’ll be added to the module before long.

Is there any update on these features Meanbee and when the module will be out of beta?  We’re looking to use shipwire for our store opening in April.

Cheers...Graham

Magento Community
Magento Community

Meanbee

Bath, UK

I am about to release Inventory Synching onto Magento connect.  If anyone would be interested in testing this module then please send me an email at so that we can have a more fluent dialogue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Thanks Nick, just noticed on the Modules RSS you released it.

Just wondering, would you be able to have a peak at the Amazon FBA (similar service to ShipWire) API and gauge how easy it wold be to copy-paste your ShipWire Module and change the API calls to accommodate for Amazon FBA’s system? The principles and processes will be virtually identical so it shouldn’t be too hard to port over.

We have quite a bit of stock we have both in our own warehouse as well as at Amazon’s. If we run out, I’d love to be able to despatch from Amazon straight from Magento’s back-end through a Basic Fulfillment call and have the system realise no stock should be deducted from our own.

Are you familiar with FBA at all?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Meanbee

Bath, UK

No promises but I can take a look.  I don’t see any clear way of monetising the module with FBA as there is no affiliate program, so it may be a potential commercial module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SecretSanta

Total Posts:  79

any developments with regards to fulfilled by amazon?

Magento Community
Magento Community

appel268576

Total Posts:  20

Hi There.

I was wondering if there is a way where you can add the company name ( if filled in ) to the shipping label?

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2