Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Template broken after 1.3 upgrade

Raptor Commerce (toby)

Total Posts:  180

I was previously using the 1.2x version of Magento and created a new theme based on the ‘modern’ theme. I modified the product view template to allow an administrator to embed static blocks within a product short description. When entering product details on the admin screens an admin could include something like {{block type="cms/block" block_id="your_block_identifier" template="cms/content.phtml"}}

I achieved this by adding this line of code to the app/design/frontend/default/custom/template/catalog/product/view.phtml template:

<!-- Toby Change to allow embedding images or blocks in description using {{skin ... or {{block ... --> 
<
div class="short-description"><?php echo nl2br($this->processorFilter($this->getProduct()->getShortDescription())) ?></div
<!-- 
end Toby change -->

You can see the code in action at http://www.charleshobson.co.uk/green-coast-casual-jacket.html The ‘made in italy’ text and image is a static block that I reference in the product description

This worked nicely but the upgrade to 1.3x has broken things. I now see the following error when viewing a product:

Invalid method Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View::processorFilter(Array
(

[0] => Test description 
)
)
Trace:
#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call('processorFilter', Array)
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/design/frontend/default/custom2/template/catalog/product/view.phtml(96): Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View->processorFilter('Mediumweight co...')
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/Applications/M...')
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#5 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#6 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#7 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#8 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#9 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#10 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/design/frontend/default/custom2/template/page/2columns-left.phtml(66): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#11 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/Applications/M...')
#12 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#13 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#14 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#15 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(339): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#17 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(142): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#18 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(367): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->viewAction()
#19 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(247): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#20 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#21 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#22 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento-live/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#23 {main}

Can anyone shed any light on what has changed between 1.2x and 1.3x?

Thanks in advance

Toby

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ttwhy

Total Posts:  70

themes like you need to remove the processFilter function.

If you still need to shortDiscription you can try to use the “getData()” function, which returns a more or less full array of the product properties (and the shortdescription is included there)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptor Commerce (toby)

Total Posts:  180

ttwhy - 25 April 2009 12:21 PM

themes like you need to remove the processFilter function.

If you still need to shortDiscription you can try to use the “getData()” function, which returns a more or less full array of the product properties (and the shortdescription is included there)

Yeah I can remove the call to that function but what I’m trying to understand is how I can achieve the same thing in 1.3x i.e being able to embed static blocks etc in my product descriptions

Thanks anyway

Toby

Magento Community
Magento Community

eliezerisrael

Total Posts:  28

Did you every figure this one out?  I’m looking to embed blocks in the product descriptions…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community