Magento Forum

youtube module

Matteo Raggi
Guru

Total Posts:  312
Italy

I think could be vary useful to permit to administrators of magento to insert easily and with nice view in magento youtube videos, not only with a copy and paste of youtube code into the description, but also with a special space in a module-template to organize his position in a more nice way, many software like wordpress and joomla have plug ins like that, and in my mind I just have ideas about ecommerce using videos in product details, and I think many others are getting these nice idea looking magento

for example we could put a button on the product description, sending to see the complete video and not onl a big image taking a lot of space in screen like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7irh_9NOmnk

but like this example this video is very nice to show how a luxury design staircase can be very nice

someone have some nice idea about it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

assoman

Total Posts:  41
Roma

Yes, i think that module can do the difference with the other shop on line........Go Go Rubin Go “"""!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamJH

Total Posts:  25
Canada

I’m really looking around for this feature right now, and so far nothing.  As far as I know hard coding it into the page is probably the only way to get proper integration which is not general user friendly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

Interesting idea. I can see how youtube.com could be a marketing tool. Do you plan on actually making videos with product presentations or something? Or do you just plan on linking to already made videos?

I have seen tigerdirect product presentations on youtube. I just can’t imagine any but the largest shops doing this though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamJH

Total Posts:  25
Canada

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6272

A lot of people have been adding this plugin plus adding a video area in some cases for each product.

In this scenario in the left lower column of the menu I’d like to add two YouTube videos for Magento that the user could change. Hard coding seems to be the only scenario other than using wordpress integration, and adding the youtube module. I am how ever having issues getting PEAR to work with just about any of the installs. In order for me to even get Magento to work I had to download the full install, and go that way because PEAR just doesn’t seem to work. I’m contemplating using the WP Magento Commerce Integrator by Lazymonk.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/296/lazzymonks-wordpress-integration

I believe TigerDirect and most sites would be using a WYSIWYG editor or version of in order to get it in the general center menu. I how ever am looking for more of a menu style db that could be easily updated by the admin, and to eventually have stats. I’m sure there’s enough relative projects out there to build this around.

This is the error I’m getting for an OScommerce plugin and the same for ... it’s relative for other downloads

Update: Fixed this error by switching the mode from Stable to Beta under Magento Connect Manager ... under settings using the pull down tab.

Failed to download magento-core/Mage_Oscommerce within preferred state "stable"latest release is version 1.0.19700stability "beta", use "channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Oscommerce-1.0.19700" to install
Cannot initialize 
'channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Oscommerce'invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package 
"channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Oscommerce" is not valid
PEAR ERROR
install failed

Failed to download magento
-community/Mage_Blog within preferred state "stable"latest release is version 0.6.0stability "beta", use "channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Mage_Blog-0.6.0" to install
Cannot initialize 
'channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Mage_Blog'invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package 
"channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Mage_Blog" is not valid
PEAR ERROR
install failed

Trying to port over an older OScommerce install to Magento as I believe OSCommerce is closing in on EOL (End of Life). There’s no documentation, and what documentation there is seems to be aging. Updating OScommerce is at minimum painful especially with plugins.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kevinorin

Total Posts:  8

Hi,

Since this thread started no progress on a YouTube Magento extension?

Kevin W

Magento Community
Magento Community

Knel

Total Posts:  183

Post delete - Post supprimé

Magento Community
Magento Community

i95_Dev

Total Posts:  19
Washington, DC

i95Dev’s enthusiastic Magento Developers have developed i95DevYouTube Video extension which can allow your customer to view video’s about your products.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/i95Dev/extension/7144/i95dev_youtube_player/

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

FME also has Product Video Extension for Magento

http://www.fmeextensions.com/extensions/catalog/product-videos.html

FME Team

Magento Community
Magento Community

Creative_Glance

Total Posts:  20

can anyone has independent video gallery module? like image gallery album?

independent means not related to any product but its something to show youtube channel

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

You can use Media Gallery Magento for a Separate page and differentiate by Categories as well

Magento Community
Magento Community

artistu1991

Total Posts:  4
rOMANIA

Interesting Topic..Thanks..rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community