Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can anyone please help me on how to add WYSIWYG editor to an attribute

shahonnet

Total Posts:  5
Noida, India

Dear All,

Can anyone please help me on how to add WYSIWYG editor to an attribute created. I am not getting CSS ID of the attribute.

Can anyone please guide me on how to get CSS ID of an attribute then on how to add WYSIWYG editor to that attribute.

Hoping for an early reply.

Thank you.

Image Attachments
WYSIWYG.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Psycheotix

Total Posts:  26
Brentwood, TN

Hey! Here is how you do it......

First: Go to app/code/community/Fontis/Wysiwyg/etc/config.xml (around line 53)
and add your attributes here

<editable_areas>your_attribute,description,short_description,page_content,block_content,_generaldescription,text,template_text,cdtracks,dvdchapters,one_liner,bookchapters</editable_areas>
Remember to have your attribute be TextArea on the properties on your magento when creating it.

Second: Go to app/code/community/Fontis/Wysiwyg/Model/Source/Editableareas.php (around line 27)

/*ADDED ATTRIBUTES*/
array('value' => 'your_attribute',             'label' => Mage::helper('fontis_wysiwyg')->__(' your_attribute')),
/*ADDED ATTRIBUTES END*/

Third: Go to your magento back-end admin to System ----> Configuration ----> On the left category Menu FONTIS EXTENTIONS ----> wysiwyg editor

On the properties in the Editable Areas section select all the attributes plus your_attribute and save.

You should be good then. Go to your Product to the attribute and you should have the editor.
Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rkscott

Total Posts:  32

A much easier way:

1) Install firebug to firefox
2) right click your attributes entry, and ‘Inspect Element’ to get the id="css-id"
3) enter this css-id into the fontis configuration shown on your screenshot above

hope that helps

Keith

Magento Community
Magento Community

Psycheotix

Total Posts:  26
Brentwood, TN

Thank you rkscott!

Magento Community
Magento Community