Magento Forum

Manual order Placing through the Backend Saving USERID. 

gramulhaozin

Total Posts:  5

Dear All,

When placing a new order through the backend it would be optimal to save the User that was logged in.

We are thinking about letting sales people log into magento backend with just few permissions and place orders there, as Magento has Shipping calculation and also process the credit card payment.

The only issue is , when the order is placed that way, we need to find out who placed it , so we can pay commission.

Is there a way to get the logged user ID if the order was placed manually thought the backend ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gramulhaozin

Looking at the database, it does not show any information, just the customer IP, and if the order is placed manually there is no IP.
Is there a way to save the Logged In user ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ready Eddy

Total Posts:  7

The logged in user information is not stored on the current sales order.

You can however add a custom attribute to the sales order that stores the sales rep data.  I have done this for our site and it works like a charm.  It does require custom coding, so if you are comfortable with that and would like to see the process we use, let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gramulhaozin

Please, post let me know about your proccess, I am okay with LAMP coding, maybe we could push that into the main development tree.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community