Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Updating shipping status via database

super tonio

Total Posts:  57

Hello,

Would it be possible to change the order status and add a tracking number via external cron job? We’re getting shipping status/tracking number from the fulfillment house as a cron job nightly, but can’t figure out a way to update the Magento database to change the status of the order to Shipped and Invoiced (ie ‘Complete’) without manually going into the admin and changing each one… which isn’t ideal.

I notice when you update the tracking number a variety of tables are updated with different info (sales_order_varchar, sales_order_entity_varchar, sales_order_entity_text, from what I’ve found… probably more) but I can’t figure out the pattern that these tables need to be updated in.

Appreciate the help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community