Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

DataFlow Import Profile done by cronjob / Adding categories to imported products

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi,

i have some questions regarding DataFlow Import of product data. Is it possible to start import of profile by a cronjob?
Standard import of products works for me but i ask myself how to add categories to importet produkct during the import? How can i store categorie informations in xml or csv import file? And how to config profile to import categorie(s)?

KR

Stefan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

F. P.

Total Posts:  55

It actually does not work. It is not possible to import categories or stock levels. We all hope for an update of magento dataflow. At the moment only product import into predefined categories seems to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

I’m stuck with it too. Managing categories is still not 100% flexibile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

I’m just making a guess at this, but I imagine that categories will be handled with future releases. For 0.8.161, if you look under app/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter there is a partially finished adapter for categories, which would leave me to believe that it is coming in the near future. As for the stock levels, I have found that this is supported with the current product parser and adapter using csv. I have not tried it with xml. In your csv file, create a column called qty and put in the appropriate stock levels and they should update. Looking at the code for the product parser, it also appears that further inventory fields will be supported, such as min_qty, is_in_stock etc, but we have not tried to use any of these.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

dan_w - 03 March 2008 06:08 AM

I’m just making a guess at this, but I imagine that categories will be handled with future releases.

YoavKutner claimed that dataflow function is gonna be improved in the future (read here)

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi,

thanks for your informations… hope this will be implemented in rc1 or final!

KR

Stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brikou Carré

Total Posts:  37

i wrote a simple snippet to do some import via a cronjob, http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4694/ just try it and tell me what you think, actually, image relation to thumbnail, small_image is not properly done but it almost work, Just give a try a leave a message if this work for you

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community