Magento Forum

best way to develop remotely (hidden url) then migrate to proper url when live. 

stevenbhn

Total Posts:  29

I am re-designing an already existing ecommerce site from and different cart to magento. I have designed the bulk on a local server but now its time for the client to get involved with products, delivery costs and such like.
What would be the simplest way for us, (designer & Client), to develop the site until its ready to be put live and replace the exsisting site.

I really have no good ideas of how to go about this technically and ideally. Please specify in detail if you have an answer as i feel it will be new to me.

Thanks
Steven

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Chicago area

stevenbhn - 22 April 2009 12:33 PM

I am re-designing an already existing ecommerce site from and different cart to magento. I have designed the bulk on a local server but now its time for the client to get involved with products, delivery costs and such like.
What would be the simplest way for us, (designer & Client), to develop the site until its ready to be put live and replace the exsisting site.

I really have no good ideas of how to go about this technically and ideally. Please specify in detail if you have an answer as i feel it will be new to me.

Thanks
Steven

Navigate to System > Configuration and click the Developer tab. There you’ll find a section labeled “Developer Client Restrictions” where you can enter IP address which will be the only IP addresses able to access the URL where your store is installed.

cool smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community