Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

change price next to custom option to = total price, rather than + amount

Mexx

Total Posts:  35
Germany

Hey guys,

I would like to have the total price displayed next to a custom option. By default Magento adds a + and the amount to be added next to a custom option.

In order to achieve that I changed in app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/View/Options/Abstract.php

this code:

if ($flag{
            $priceStr 
'<span class="price-notice">'.$priceStr.'</span>';

}

to that code:

if ($value['pricing_value'== 0{
         $priceStr 
'<span class="price-notice"><strong>= 10,00 EUR</strong></span>';

}
else {
      $priceStr 
'<span class="price-notice"><strong>= 20,00 EUR</strong></span>';
}

This works, but isn’t helpful at all because the price is hard coded. The problem is, that I am not familiar enough with Magentos API and I dont know, how to call the classed correctly. What I tried was that, but it doesnt work:

if ($value['pricing_value'== 0{
         $priceStr 
'<span class="price-notice"><strong>= '.$_product->getProductPrice();.'</strong></span>';

}
else {
      $priceStr 
'<span class="price-notice"><strong>= '.$_product->getProductPrice() + $value['pricing_value'];.'</strong></span>';
}

Can someone help to achieve that? I know, I could use bundled pruduct and all that, but I wont to stay with simple product because they are fine for my environment. All I miss is the problem described above.

Thx a lot! Max

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mexx

Total Posts:  35
Germany

not a single hit within 13 hours not to mention an answer… Come on, what happened to the Magento Community?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webplus

Total Posts:  46

dying....Enterprise killed it and Var does not care about us anymore

Magento Community
Magento Community

keijers

Total Posts:  15

I want to know this too! Anyone>

--------------edit---------------

Found it, very easy to fix:

http://sourcelibrary.org/2011/04/21/magento-custom-options-change-the-option-to-show-total-price/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community