Magento Forum

How do I change an attribute set? 

jjeff

Total Posts:  68
Central New York

Does anyone know how one can change the “Attribute Set” of a product once it has been initially created using the “Default” set?

I’m currently using version 1.3.0

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sh4d0w

Total Posts:  16

I had this exact question a few weeks back.

Do a search on the forums, “changing the attribute set” there is a discussion with a link to the extension that you can easily install through the Magento Connect. And it’s free.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Chicago area

jjeff - 22 April 2009 11:26 AM

Does anyone know how one can change the “Attribute Set” of a product once it has been initially created using the “Default” set?

I’m currently using version 1.3.0

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

First you have to add any new attributes you want to include in the product, Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes. Then you need to add those attributes to the attribute set you want to use Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attribute Sets, which is a simple drag-and-drop operation. There is an excellent section on this in my book.

cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

pollyplummer

Total Posts:  71
Tulsa, OK

I keep doing that but it won’t save. Sometimes it will say that it has saved but it won’t show up in the Products editing list. Then I go back to manage attribute set and it’s been kicked over to the “Unassigned Attributes” again.  Any ideas why my new attribute won’t save into the default group?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community