Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Problem with Lazzymonk on version 1.3.1

thE_iNviNciblE

Total Posts:  220
Oldenburg

lewebdesign - 04 May 2009 10:08 AM

I done the upgrade for 1.3.1 and I associated with Fontis wysiwyg if someone is intersted, I make the package…

this would be very cool grin

please send it to me!

thx a lot grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Keloran

Total Posts:  10

this would be very handy, can i have a copy too plz

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

Has anyone used/received this yet? i asked for a copy and didn’t get it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

where_s_gary

Total Posts:  12

Anyone got the blog to work in 1.3.1? if so, is there an update available somewhere?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hugo Figueiredo

Total Posts:  13

Hello,
I installed the lazzymonk blog on version 1.3.1 by magento connect, but on the admin page, when I click on any blog option of the menu (for example: Manage Posts), the page doesn’t open, and it redirects automatically to admin homepage.
So, I can’t work with blog, and not even try to fix the reported problems…

Is there any way to fix it?

Is there any other blog extension that works with magento 1.3.1?

Thanks in advance…

Magento Community
Magento Community

SvenW

Total Posts:  29

I have the blog working in 1.3.1, but the category link doesn’t work. It’s a pitty as I have a store that uses the blog and its categories for different types of content in the store.
Contents, working.
Categories, no effect.

Regards,
Sven

Magento Community
Magento Community

SvenW

Total Posts:  29

I followed Periculis workaround (quoted below) and it all did the trick. It’s now working for me as well on a 1.3.1 installation. smile

Periculi - 23 April 2009 02:38 PM

It was the path to recaptchalib.php causing the blank page.  I dug into the error logs and found that it wasn’t finding the file correctly.

In PostController.php (Monk/Blog/controllers/)

require_once 'lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php';

I had to put the real path to this file from the top level of the server.  ‘/’ all the way down to /lib (about 7 folders deep on my server) to get this to work.

On my windows machine it didn’t have a problem finding the file with the require_once “lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php” but on the linux server it wasn’t getting the right include path for some reason.  I put in the real include path and that solved the issue for me.

What I am curious about now is why the include path was getting so messed up.  I mean really really off track.  It seemed to be trying to search for lib/ in the very top folder of the server.  Waaay off track.  No where near the magento install, no where near the folders real location.  So what happened to magento setting the include path?  Or did it get thrown off because of something new in 1.3.x series?

At any rate, maybe we can start to figure out a more reasonable fix.  But for the time being I have a working Blog again. Yay!

Here, try the blog again on a 1.3.1 install.

EDIT-

Instead of altering the path to the recaptchalib.php, I tracked down the include_path using echo ini_get(’include_path’) at the beginning of the PostController.php file.  I found that the path was now set to something like /home/{user}/{website}/{html}/app/code/local:/home/{user}/{website}/{html}/app/code/core:/home/{user}/{website}/{html}/app/code/community:

So I created a lib/ folder in app/code/community/ and put the recaptcha/recaptchalib.php in there, and it is able to find the file it needs that way.

Which is what you could also try to do-> make a lib folder in community/ and put the recaptcha folder from {magento}/lib/ into that location.

Blog default install:
app/code/community/Monk/Blog
lib/recaptcha/
+template files, etc.

Fixed for include path error:
app/code/community/Monk/Blog
app/code/community/lib/recaptcha/

Fix for admin login route:
open config.xml in app/code/community/Monk/Blog/etc
remove <frontName>blog</frontName> from <admin> (see above posts)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hugo Figueiredo

Total Posts:  13

Hugo Figueiredo - 15 May 2009 06:20 AM

Hello,
I installed the lazzymonk blog on version 1.3.1 by magento connect, but on the admin page, when I click on any blog option of the menu (for example: Manage Posts), the page doesn’t open, and it redirects automatically to admin homepage.
So, I can’t work with blog, and not even try to fix the reported problems…

Is there any way to fix it?

Is there any other blog extension that works with magento 1.3.1?

Thanks in advance…

I think the problem is the link… because all links on Admin menu are, for example:
http://www.myurl.com/index.php/admin/admin/newsletter_template/index/key/623687f9dcfef7bf4b5a37fdddc831b0/

and the links to the blog section are, for example:
http://www.myurl.com/index.php/admin/blog/manage_blog/index/key/abd28f59f986c85b9c36f9e88b27ddb4/

and it redirects to the dashboard…

can anyone tell me what is the correct link to blog section on admin?
if this is the problem, how can I change that?

Thanks…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2