Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I change my skin? 

webdevbyjoss

Total Posts:  15
Ternopil

I’ve installed new skin (http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/928/magento-classic-theme) via “Magento Connect”
How can I enable this skin now?

I’ve found some “Design"-related option in: “System” -> “Configuration” -> “General” -> “Design” -> “Package” -> “Current package name”
and tried to change the package name to “magento_classic_theme_free” the name of the package I’ve found here http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/928/magento-classic-theme and successfully installed it.
But anyway it says that “package with this name does not exist and cannot be set.”

Also I want to mention that there is no any information on how to change skin as administrator using some controls in Admin End.
I’ve searched the Wiki and User Groups and all other Documentation and Tutorials available on this site.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

webdevbyjoss

Total Posts:  15
Ternopil

Still can’t figure this out.... It looks like this is some kind of basic (simple) thing :( and no any luck with this....

Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Hi Joseph

You’re in the right area, but putting in the wrong setting. The theme name is not the name of the package, but instead the name of the directory.

I’m not sure what classic is called, but use your file manager to go to /skin/frontend/default/ and you should see all the available themes you have installed. My guess is the directory will be named “classic” or something.

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community