Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

export of eav attributes

diri

Total Posts:  48

To have some idea about data in db when importing data I added several attributes. They are all related to cars and include manufacturer as well as features which are specific for cars (interieur, doors, body, ...).

How can I export those data without writing an extension?

Remark:
Backup is no choice because it starts and throws Error 500 after several seconds (Linux, PHP5, mySQL5).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ownsecurity

Total Posts:  36
South of France

Hi diri,

Did you finally found an issue to attributes export?

Hope you can help

Magento Community
Magento Community

resonance

Total Posts:  62

Try go to the admin panel, System -> Import/Export -> Profiles

Pick Export All Products, set your options, and go.

Note: import/export of configurable products doesn’t exist yet. Many people have been banging their heads on it for a while. I’m working on an importer right now actually.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ownsecurity

South of France

I tried several times, but I can’t manage to export attributes and attributes set.

Actually I have two different shops, and I wanted to export all products from shop A to shop B!

But as the attributes and attributes sets of shop A are not existing on shop B I have an error while importing profile.

I can’t afford to create attributes one by one, as I have almost 100 attributes, mainly with dropdown and will take several days.

Plz help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

resonance

Total Posts:  62

The built-in export does not handle those attributes and options. If you just want to move the product, maybe you could just copy the entire database tables that handle products, attributes, and categories? I’ve never tried but it might work. Or if store B isn’t fully confgured yet just copy the whole database and tweak it as necessary. I assume that these are totally separate installs of magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ownsecurity

South of France

Thanks for helping me,

I wll try to export only the database that are usefull to me. But as store B already has products, I’m afraid I will simply crash those products…

Bye

Magento Community
Magento Community

bolasevich

Total Posts:  235
Newington, CT USA

this extension will export all attributes or subsets of attributes as well as import them

http://www.commerceextensions.com/magento-import-export-bulk-product-attributes.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

lesya

Total Posts:  23

Another option for attribute export/import http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/savajr/extension/1822/store-manager-for-magento

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community