Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Redirect category URL to Product page

smily157

Total Posts:  4

I am creating a small store for my client. They only offer a few products, and one of them is gift certificates. So I have a category in the dropdown menu in the header that is Gift Certificates, and currently when you click on it, it takes you to the Gift Certificate category page, with just 1 product in it, a Gift Certificate. I was wondering if there was a way to make is so that when someone clicks the Gift Certificate category from the drop down menu, it automatically takes them to the product page, and not the category page. I have tried playing with the URL Rewrites, but that does not seem to solve my problem. I have a few other products that I want to do this for, so I hope it can be done.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community