Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PHP Extension “mysqli” must be loaded.  Please set required permissions before clicking Continue

steve02usa

Total Posts:  11

Hello Everyone -

First off, here is my environment that I am running.

Win XP Pro with SP2 1.5GB Memory
Apache Server 2.2.4
PHP 5.2.4
MySQL 5.0.45

PHP.ini - I have all of the different extensions turned on including mysql, and mysqli

My problem is as listed above.  I cannot get past the Configuration Screen, because of the above error.  It took me two days to get this far with all the problems I have had trying to install the software.  Does anyone have a solution as to how I get past this problem?  I have read the documentation, and everything else, but have not found any answers.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  It’s becomming very frustrating trying to get this product to work!!! 

I have the following files located in C:\PHP\EXT (Note - I also have all of the other required ddl files in this folder).  I also have this folder defined in the system path statement.
php_mysqli.dll
php_mysql.ddl
php_pdo_mysql.dll

Lastly, I am not hosting the software on any service provider.  I am doing it on my own machine, so that I have full access to any items that need to be modified.  Thus that is why I am running Apache Server 2.2.4.

Thank you for your assistance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Onanga

Total Posts:  1

Hi!

Did you resolve your issue yet ?

As long as you have the extensions in your php/ext/ folder, that’s fine.

Edit php/php.ini file and check for the following block :

“Dynamic extensions”
extension=php_pdo.dll
extension=php_mbstring.dll
;extension=php_bz2.dll
;extension=php_curl.dll
;extension=php_dba.dll

All these are your activated extension. Those starting with the comment symbol “;” mean they are not activated.
If “extension=php_mysqli.dll” is not in the list, add it at the bottom of the extensions list.

Here’s what I had to add to my extension list to get Magento working :

extension=php_mysqli.dll
extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll
extension=php_mcrypt.dll

Hope this help…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vladimir

Total Posts:  41
Украина. Киев.

All I do as it has been described, but the error PHP Extension “pdo_mysql” must be loaded remains

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigtuna

Total Posts:  20
Atlanta, GA USA

I’m having the same issues.  Installed with AppServ, finallly able to get Magento loaded on my Apache server for Win and now getting these errors:

PHP Extension “pdo_mysql” must be loaded
PHP Extension “mcrypt” must be loaded
PHP Extension “curl” must be loaded

I uncommented from the php.ini file, verified the .dlls are in the ext folder, and still no joy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vladimir

Total Posts:  41
Украина. Киев.

Problem has solved having updated PHP and having made new php.ini

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigtuna

Total Posts:  20
Atlanta, GA USA

Thanks, I finally got it working after several mis-steps (I’m a Microsoft hackguy, my first WAMP).  Looks fantastic. By the way, I got the windows image upload working once I went and manually created the media directories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Online Shop

Total Posts:  21

i’m receiving the same error:  PHP Extension “pdo_mysql” must be loaded

have downloaded both dll but i am not sure what folder to place it, help please!

Magento Community
Magento Community

efeli

Verasateli

English

This happens when the “curl” can not be verified .. This means that only commented on the PHP.INI. When using Web servers “all in one” as “Xampp” These servers take configuration PHP.ini residing in apache\bin\php.ini and not from php\php.ini, wherever this is installed.
It solves uncomment the line “extension=php_curl.dll” taken away “;” and saving the file (php.ini). Shut down the Apache server and MySQL and restart them for the changes will take effect. Press “Continue” for proceed with the installation.

Español

esto ocurre cuando la extensión “curl” no puede ser verificada.. significa que esta comentada solamente en el PHP.INI. Cuando se usan servidores web “todo en uno” como el “Xampp”, estos servidores toman la configuración del PHP.ini que reside en apache\bin\PHP.ini y no desde PHP\PHP.ini sea donde sea que este esté instalado.
Se soluciona descomentando la linea “;extension=php_curl.dll” quitando el “;” y guardando el archivo (php.ini). Detener el servidor apache y MySQL y volverlo a arrancar para que los cambios surtan efecto. Presionar “continue” para seguir con la instalación.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davinder

Total Posts:  56

Big Tuna, can you please tell how did you fix this problem? I have uncommented all the extensions mentioned above from c:\php\php.ini file and I can see the required dll files in ext folder but keep getting the error. I m running WAMP environment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fridolix

Federico de Leon - 20 March 2008 04:40 PM

English
Shut down the Apache server and MySQL and restart them for the changes will take effect. Press “Continue” for proceed with the installation.

mercie, gracias and thanks for this pointer. to restart wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

buckmajor

Total Posts:  24

Federico de Leon - 20 March 2008 04:40 PM

English

This happens when the “curl” can not be verified .. This means that only commented on the PHP.INI. When using Web servers “all in one” as “Xampp” These servers take configuration PHP.ini residing in apache\bin\php.ini and not from php\php.ini, wherever this is installed.
It solves uncomment the line “extension=php_curl.dll” taken away “;” and saving the file (php.ini). Shut down the Apache server and MySQL and restart them for the changes will take effect. Press “Continue” for proceed with the installation.

Español

esto ocurre cuando la extensión “curl” no puede ser verificada.. significa que esta comentada solamente en el PHP.INI. Cuando se usan servidores web “todo en uno” como el “Xampp”, estos servidores toman la configuración del PHP.ini que reside en apache\bin\PHP.ini y no desde PHP\PHP.ini sea donde sea que este esté instalado.
Se soluciona descomentando la linea “;extension=php_curl.dll” quitando el “;” y guardando el archivo (php.ini). Detener el servidor apache y MySQL y volverlo a arrancar para que los cambios surtan efecto. Presionar “continue” para seguir con la instalación.

Hey dude I was interested in what you were saying cause I have the same problem with my installation

‘PHP Extension “curl” must be loaded’

I using Xampp for PHP, APACHE, MYSQL.

So what do I do to resolve?
Many thanks in advance
CHEERS smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community