Magento Forum

Nontranslatable strings in BACKEND - HOW and WHERE to FIX? 

keglevich

Total Posts:  16

Dear developers and members of community,

I tried to post those issues in forums many times, also I reported most of those issues already in BUG TRACKER but so far nobody answered. It looks like developers don’t respond at all, on the other side forums here are full of messages and probably nobody noticed my posts. However, I will write a small list of those issues again and if someone with enough of knowledge is so kind to answer, I will be really pleased.

1. Non-translatable strings when creating new product (backend -> Catalog -> Manage Products -> Add New Product)
“Simple Product","Virtual Product","Bundled Product","Downloadable Product”, etc.

2. Backend -> Customers -> Customer Groups
“NOT LOGGED IN” string can’t be translated.

3. Backend -> Sales -> Invoices -> (select a random invoice) -> Create a Credit Memo for that invoice
On the bottom of that new credit memo there’s a string “Total Refund” which can’t be translated. In 1.2.1.2 that string worked OK, but in 1.3.1 it doesn’t translate anymore…

4. Backend -> Sales -> Tax -> Customer Tax Classes
There’s a button in top-right corner “Add New” which can’t be translated at all as all other buttons.

5. Backend -> Catalog -> Manage Products -> (select one random product) -> Images
There are strings “Base Image”, “Small Image”, “Thumbnail” and they also can’t be translated.

6. Backend -> Catalog -> Manage Products -> (select one random product) -> Custom Options -> Add New Option -> Input Type
All strings there in that drop-down menu (Field, Area, File, Date, Time, etc.) can’t be translated.

7. Backend -> System -> Cache Management
Practically all strings under that menu can’t be translated…

At the moment I can’t remember more, but I know there are still some issues. However, I think it’s enough for this time. I don’t expect anyone to read through that whole list and of course I don’t expect answer to my issues as I didn’t receive it in the past.
However if there’s someone who incidentally found this and have enough PHP knowledge to solve some of those issues, I would be really glad if he can write a small walkthrough, so I can fix those issuse in the future myself.
What I would like to know the most is: how to find the affected php, xml, phtml file? How do you know which template file stands behind those pages in backend/frontend? Is there maybe some kind of program which can find those issues?
However, I am ready to fix all issuse myself, I just need some help, so I know how and where to start. When finished, I will of course post my complete translation (Slovenian) to community.

Thanks in advance, Tomaz.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stefanvolz

Total Posts:  7

Hello Tom,

i cant solve your problem but maybe name you a tool.

If you are using firefox install “firebug” so you can see all the div´s located in the page.

The div names can be search via Total Commander (it has a textsearch) so you may find the right template to manipulate.

Regards

Stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community

keglevich

Yes, Firebug is something I use commonly, but in that case is useless. Magento is encrypted so firebug doesn’t show the right template when searching for strings. However “grep -r” command in linux returns all strings in different files, but this doesn’t solve my problem. It’s not enough just to find files, I also need some knowledge to fix those issuse. So I am looking for someone who can help me with those particular problems with a simple walkthrough…

Thank you anyway for your fast response, Tomaz.

Magento Community
Magento Community

keglevich

Anyone else can help me maybe?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community