Dear developers and members of community,
I tried to post those issues in forums many times, also I reported most of those issues already in BUG TRACKER but so far nobody answered. It looks like developers don’t respond at all, on the other side forums here are full of messages and probably nobody noticed my posts. However, I will write a small list of those issues again and if someone with enough of knowledge is so kind to answer, I will be really pleased.
1. Non-translatable strings when creating new product (backend -> Catalog -> Manage Products -> Add New Product)
“Simple Product","Virtual Product","Bundled Product","Downloadable Product”, etc.
2. Backend -> Customers -> Customer Groups
“NOT LOGGED IN” string can’t be translated.
3. Backend -> Sales -> Invoices -> (select a random invoice) -> Create a Credit Memo for that invoice
On the bottom of that new credit memo there’s a string “Total Refund” which can’t be translated. In 188.8.131.52 that string worked OK, but in 1.3.1 it doesn’t translate anymore…
4. Backend -> Sales -> Tax -> Customer Tax Classes
There’s a button in top-right corner “Add New” which can’t be translated at all as all other buttons.
5. Backend -> Catalog -> Manage Products -> (select one random product) -> Images
There are strings “Base Image”, “Small Image”, “Thumbnail” and they also can’t be translated.
6. Backend -> Catalog -> Manage Products -> (select one random product) -> Custom Options -> Add New Option -> Input Type
All strings there in that drop-down menu (Field, Area, File, Date, Time, etc.) can’t be translated.
7. Backend -> System -> Cache Management
Practically all strings under that menu can’t be translated…
At the moment I can’t remember more, but I know there are still some issues. However, I think it’s enough for this time. I don’t expect anyone to read through that whole list and of course I don’t expect answer to my issues as I didn’t receive it in the past.
However if there’s someone who incidentally found this and have enough PHP knowledge to solve some of those issues, I would be really glad if he can write a small walkthrough, so I can fix those issuse in the future myself.
What I would like to know the most is: how to find the affected php, xml, phtml file? How do you know which template file stands behind those pages in backend/frontend? Is there maybe some kind of program which can find those issues?
However, I am ready to fix all issuse myself, I just need some help, so I know how and where to start. When finished, I will of course post my complete translation (Slovenian) to community.
Thanks in advance, Tomaz.