Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Scheduled backup not working

miller75

Total Posts:  17

I am having trouble with the Schedule Backup in version 1.702, I just can’t get it to work my settings are below
Enable Scheduled Backup - Yes
Backup Type - Database
Start Time - 04:00:00
Frequency - Daily
Maintenance Mode – No

I cant get it to run on the Scheduled, the manual backup is fine so I don’t think it’s a permission issue

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jpettit99

Total Posts:  1

Do you have a crontab set up on your server? I’m not sure if it’s needed for the scheduled backup, but it could be the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

miller75

Total Posts:  17

That was it, I must admit I didn’t think crontab needed setting up for the backup

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Walter W

Total Posts:  1

Hello, Would you guys mind posting how you set this up. I am very comfortable with IT but have little experience with Server administration - I could really use a non-technical guide if this is possible - i am sure others will benefit as its not possible to run Scheduled Back ups I am using Amazon EC2 to host my Magento CE 1.7.0.2

Thanks a million in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community