Magento Forum

[newbie] How to show categories & products

pion

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I’m newbie with Magento. In my backend I’ve add some categories and products - both categories and products are visible in all sections/blocks. But I still don’t know how to show them in the frontend. I can’t see categories list in any place. Even if I type some product name in search box I get empty search results. How can I see my categories and products?
Please help me,
pion

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

make sure you choose an actual store view.

just view the many screencasts available for creating categories/adding products. its very simple, and will be even more so with the next beta release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pion

Total Posts:  2

// EDIT ///////////////////////////////////////////////
Can anyone tell me how to get the box with products categories? Simple list… horisontal or vertical… any list!

Thanks for answer.
I’ve been watching all screencasts but they don’t show how to solve my problem.
I’m working on default shop. I know now how to set a product to the shop* but I still don’t know how to add the categories box. On the http://localhost/catalog I see 3 columns layout but without categories list.
How to show categories list panel?
pion

* My solution - I don’t know it’s good way:
editing product I go to “Store views” tab and check the “English”. But I’m afraid it’s not a good solution… I want to have only 1 shop/store so checking that option for each product seems to be wasteing of time…

PS: sorry for my english wink

Can anyone tell me how to get the box with products categories?  Simple list… horisontal or vertical… any list!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community