Magento Forum

HowTo a Discount Structure for specific Subcategories

anpi

Total Posts:  15

Hello,

I can’t get a solution for the following discount structure. Because I don’t find any matching post here I assume that I do something wrong and Magento could do it:

I have a category X. This category has subcategories of A – B – C – D –E

The products in ABC are simple products. Products in D and E are discounted bundles and should be excluded from any further discount.
What I want is that I have a discount over ABC depending from the total pieces purchased from one customer!

For example a customer buys:  1 pcs. A + 5 pcs. B and get a specific discount for buying 6 pieces from ABC.
If he chooses more or less of 6 pieces he should have another discount:

1 - 4 pieces -> No discount
5 - 9 pieces -> 5% discount
10 – 19 pieces -> 10% discount and so on…

Under Promotion -> Shopping Cart Rules I created some rules for that. It works already but not well enough. As a sample I have a purchase of 72 bottles which should give the customer a discount of 45%.  The price for one bottle WITHOUT any discount is 8.90 including tax(VAT)

Conditions:
If ALL of these conditions are TRUE :

If total quantity greater than 71 for a subselection of items in cart matching ALL of these conditions:  * Category is one of 4, 5, 6, -> explanation (4=A, 5=B, 6=C)

If total quantity less than 144 for a subselection of items in cart matching ALL of these conditions:  * Category is one of 4, 5, 6

Actions: 
Apply -> Percent of product price

Discount amount -> 45

If ANY of these conditions are TRUE :  * Category is one of 4, 5, 6

My Problems are:
The prices on the frontend is not shown correct in the cart -> 8,90 -45% discount should be a single price of 4.895 – But the cart shows 8.23

The calculation for the grand total works not with this wrong price of 8.23! But has also a wrong result instead of 72 x 4.895 = 352,44 it shows as result 352,31 (352,31/72 = 4.8931 as single bottle price)

Now I have no idea where I should search for a solution. I played around with the display modes of tax and tried some other rules. But nothing could help. Because this discount structure is necessary for my most selled product category I would really need a solution for that.

I am thankful for any hint
andreas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

anpi

Total Posts:  15

thanks for the massive help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community