Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shipping Question

deansmitty

Total Posts:  132

How can I charge a certain price for shipping and each additional item I charge a certain price.

Can anyone help please.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

Please, can anyone help?

First item $5 each additional $1 or so on?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

That shipping method that you described is called # of Items vs. Destination.To set that up, go to System > Configuration > Shipping Methods > Table Rates Tab
Enabled: Yes
Title: (whatever you want; ex. Ground Shipping)
Method Name: (whatever you want; ex. Ground Shipping)
Condition: # of Items vs. Destination
Handling Fee: (whatever you want)

Save your changes. Now that you have setup your shipping method, you have to specify the shipping rates. The shipping rates are setup at the website level. So, utilizing the Current Configuration dropdown box located at the top left hand corner of the screen, select the website (in gray and bold) that you want to specify the rates for. After the page loads, you should see a button that says Export CSV. Click, save and open the file in Excel. Make up your rate chart and then import the file back into the store and you should be setup.

Hope that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

Error while saving this configuration: Invalid Country “United States” in the Row #1 Invalid Shipping Price “$0.99” in the Row #1

hows can i fix this?

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

dalex - 25 March 2008 08:58 PM

Error while saving this configuration: Invalid Country “United States” in the Row #1 Invalid Shipping Price “$0.99” in the Row #1

hows can i fix this?

thanks

Try using .99 (no dollar sign) and USA for United States

Check out this resource
http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-set-up-table-rate-shipping

If this works for you, let me know because I have to begin to configure my rates also.

Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

Thank You very much!

Problem Fixed

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community