Magento Forum

How can i copy all products catalog to another website? 

Alain Slim

Total Posts:  3

For example i made two different website in magento so i need to copy all the whole products from one website where other i can specify different shipment methods and some edits.
I look for your help and i thank you in advance.
Cheers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Alain Slim

Total Posts:  3

Any help guys , i am looking for your help. about my question

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

HI Alain--
I’ve been doing something similar. Depending on how you’re set up, you maybe don’t need to copy the products at all.  If both websites are part of the same installation where both stores are visible in the same admin interface, you can just go to admin>catalog>manage products and select the “Store view” option.  From there you can assign the product to both websites.  Then in the same area if you go up to the “Choose store view” box in the upper left, you can select website2 and edit the text and attributes just there.

Alternatively, have you tried to export your products yet?  The export process appears to be misbehaving a bit in 0.8.  It’s throwing mystifying errors for me, but it actually makes the file anyway.  You can edit your file in Excel or some such and then re-import it to your new website.

Hope that helps a bit.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iguru
Guru

Total Posts:  331
Děčín, Czech Republic

Yes, export is a problem. Best way to move/or copy shop is migrate(export/import) a db. If only move, migrate the db and customize shop newly :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community