Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal error: undefined method Mage_Catalog_Model_Config::getAttributesUsedForSortBy()

Dagan

Total Posts:  1

in the Magento admin panel, while entering to menu item: catalog / manage categories, I’m receiving the following error:

“Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Catalog_Model_Config::getAttributesUsedForSortBy() in
/home/mystore/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Category/Attribute/Source/Sortby.php on
line 59”

the store is still under constructions and is not on-line yet.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

What is your Magento version ?
Can you post here a screenshot of your Magento Connect Manager page ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

oakRunk

Total Posts:  117

This just happened to me to. Running Version 1.2.0.3 however “attempted” to upgrade to 1.3.1 - it did not work so we reverted back. We now have this error and had another error related to google checkout that was fixed by someone else on the forum who had same issue (created attribute called disable_googlecart.

For some reason, the backup of my homedir did not work, but luckily the backup of my database did take. So, actually, what version am I really running??? Everything else works fine though, but cannot manage category. This file did not exist in 1.2.0.3.

If I do a manual upload all the files, what are the files I need to not update? Does that make sense?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ravi_Dhainwal

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I am getting following error in the Magento admin panel, while entering to menu item: catalog / manage categories

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Catalog_Model_Config::getAttributesUsedForSortBy() in /home/campus/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Category/Attribute/Source/Sortby.php on line 59

Is there anyone can fix the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

atonefer

Total Posts:  12

Hello

Exactly the same error here:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Catalog_Model_Config::getAttributesUsedForSortBy() in /home/magentad/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Category/Attribute/Source/Sortby.php on line 59

Anyone have a solution for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikejonesey

Total Posts:  25

same here, when I upgraded to 1.3.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

Quantum-Wireless

Total Posts:  4

I’m getting the same error also. Anyone have any solutions for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

monkeybutler

Total Posts:  17

same exact issue. tried to install an extension and magento forced upgrade to 1.3x and of course that changed EVERYTHING for me so i reverted back to my 1.2.1.2 and now i’m getting this manage category error (other things that broke, were guest checkout and a few more things that i’ve cursed magento thousands of times this week)…

any help on this sortby.php line 59 BS?

Magento Community
Magento Community

VK4KBG

Total Posts:  104
Beerwah. Queensland. Australia

Hi,
I am getting this error in 1.3.2.3 when I go to Admin/ Catalog/ Manage Catalog

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Core_Model_App::getGroups() in /home/bikesfor/public_html/thepatchshop.com.au/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Category/Abstract.php on line 195

I will be a major problem next week, when I get in trouble for not adding the 30 new products we have.

Cheers

Ron

Magento Community
Magento Community

dynamicvision

Total Posts:  3

Same exact problem. No one ever found a fix for this????!!!! This kind of thing makes me hate Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community