Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How does Magento manage the payment for the ordered products with Paypal? 

Zuru

Total Posts:  4

Good morning!

I’m developing a mobile app for a Magento store (for Android). I’m using SOAP v1 and I’ve made a custom module with some custom methods. The app it’s focused to the final client, so, basically, I’m developing an app that lets the costumers buy products from the store.
I know how to add with the Magento API the products to the cart and how to make an order, but…

What happens when I create the order?

It’s supposed that the costumer has to pay the products that he ordered, so I don’t know how can I get the Paypal URL and open it in the browser. Paypal notifies to the Magento store that the costumer paid the products?

I’m a bit lost in this area. smile
The API documentation doesn’t explain this part, I think.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Zuru

Can anyone help me, please? :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

SaveTheMage

Total Posts:  10
Montreal

As far as I know, Magento uses the paypal API in order to push product data and received confirmation on payment. Only when payment is confirmed does Paypal send a message back to Magento. If the process is dropped before purchase, the order hangs in pending state since it didnt get a response of confirmation.

But it does pass through the items as line items to paypal. You would have to look at all the events related to purchasing though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zuru

So, if I’m using the Paypal API for Android, i need, first, to send the Paypal request and receive the response and, secondly, send the response to Magento?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community