Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple select attributes not working in simple search

sharmstr

Total Posts:  61

Before I submit a bug on this, can anyone verify that this is a problem.

I have a clean install of 1.3
I’ve created a ‘multiple select’ attribute called ‘year’. 
I added the years 1955, 1967 and 1957
I set the attribute to be used in quick search, advanced search and Search Results Layered Navigation.  I have set it to NOT show up in layered navigation.
I created 1 product that uses the ‘year’ attribute and selected all 3 of the years.
I rebuilt the search index about million times grin

So here is the the situation.  When I do a search for the product, the search results display as expected and the attribute ‘year’ shows:
1955 (1)
1956 (1)
1957 (1)
as expected.

Now, if I click on 1955, it shows the product, but clicking on 1956 or 1957 returns the message “Your search returns no results.” Again, in the original search, it shows that 1 product was found for 1956 and 1957.

In trying to figure this out, I went back into the product config and removed 1955 from the ‘year’ list.  I rebuilt the search index and again did a search for the product.  Again, as expected the search results gave me the product and the ‘year’ attribute list with 1956 (1) and 1957 (1).  If I click on 1956, i see the the product.  If I click on 1957 i get the “Your search returns no results.” message.

So, it seems to me that there is a bug when using ‘multiple selects’ in that it will only show results matching the first value selected in the product config.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sharmstr

This is driving me batty?  Has anyone else seen this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

TSwanson

Total Posts:  16

I am having the same problem.  Does anyone know of a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sharmstr

I upgraded to 1.3.1 and the problem went away.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vahan A.

Total Posts:  7
NY

sharmstr - 25 April 2009 10:01 PM

I upgraded to 1.3.1 and the problem went away.

Just upgraded the store to Magento ver. 1.3.2.1 and now can’t find any products by any terms, even by SKU code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MrShim

Total Posts:  7

Same here. Can’t find any products when searching for attributes. Anyone have a lead on resolving this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrew Smith

Total Posts:  22
Cape Town, South Africa

I also have the problem of not being able to search for attributes I created. My layered navigation Indices runs indefinitely, which could be related. Anyone else see that as being linked?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community