Before I submit a bug on this, can anyone verify that this is a problem.
I have a clean install of 1.3
I’ve created a ‘multiple select’ attribute called ‘year’.
I added the years 1955, 1967 and 1957
I set the attribute to be used in quick search, advanced search and Search Results Layered Navigation. I have set it to NOT show up in layered navigation.
I created 1 product that uses the ‘year’ attribute and selected all 3 of the years.
I rebuilt the search index about million times
So here is the the situation. When I do a search for the product, the search results display as expected and the attribute ‘year’ shows:
Now, if I click on 1955, it shows the product, but clicking on 1956 or 1957 returns the message “Your search returns no results.” Again, in the original search, it shows that 1 product was found for 1956 and 1957.
In trying to figure this out, I went back into the product config and removed 1955 from the ‘year’ list. I rebuilt the search index and again did a search for the product. Again, as expected the search results gave me the product and the ‘year’ attribute list with 1956 (1) and 1957 (1). If I click on 1956, i see the the product. If I click on 1957 i get the “Your search returns no results.” message.
So, it seems to me that there is a bug when using ‘multiple selects’ in that it will only show results matching the first value selected in the product config.