Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable products

martenvanurk

Total Posts:  2

Dear,

I want to configure configurable products by the attribute Maten (Dutch for sizes)

The attribute properties are:
Global, dropdown, Required and use for configurable products is set to yes. After this, I created several attribute sets and enclosed this attribute.

After that I imported a file with sku’s and values for the attribute ‘Maten’. I checked if this was imported and I see the attribute filled correctly for all the products.

When I finished checking the previous step, I created a import file with sku’s type (configurable), simple_skus and configurable_products and imported it with Magmi.

When I go to a product ,in the attribute set Rings, which is changed to configurable, I got the message: Only attributes with scope “Global”, input type “Dropdown” and Use To Create Configurable Product “Yes” are available.

When I go to a product in the attribute set Braces, everything is fine.

How can it be possible, when I enclosed in both attribute sets the same attribute, one set gives an error and the other set everything is going fine?

Example 1 First import:
sku attribute_set maten
360301953 Ringen_rc 53 is 17mm

Example 2: Second import
sku type simples_skus configurable_attributes
360301953 configurable 03603019-54,03603019-57,03603019-55,03603019-58,03603019-53,03603019-56,03603019-59 maten

Can someone explain this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community