Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Separating Layered Navigation

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

I’m trying to separate the “Currently Shopping By Attributes” from the “Shopping Options” and am not having much luck and need to know if this is even possible. I can change the reference name for the layered nav from left to content which allows me to move and manipulate the layered nav to the main content and change the look and function how I want. However, I really just want to change the reference for state.phtml to content. I’ve tried adding:

<reference name="content">
            <
block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.leftnav" template="catalog/layer/state.phtml"/>
        </
reference>

This, doesn’t produce the results that I’m looking for though. I’ve also tried using <?=$this->getChildHtml('layer_state')?> which doesn’t work either. Is separating the two possible, or do the functions in state.php and view.php for producing the layered navigation preclude this. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

EDIT:
Nevermind. I figured out how to separate the currently filtered attributes from the left-nav and placed them where I needed them to go and everything works fine.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@dan_w: layer_state block will be separated from layer_view block in future releases.

Magento Community
Magento Community

burt

Total Posts:  31

Hi dan_w

Nevermind. I figured out how to separate the currently filtered attributes from the left-nav and placed them where I needed them to go and everything works fine.

Could you please tell me how you did that. I’m trying to do this for a long time now.
Thank you very much,
Burt

Magento Community
Magento Community

mpatel1748

Total Posts:  17

hey i m also looking for same...i want to add two product attribute (1) filter by brand (2) filter by carrier

Now i m facing problem to move layered navigation filter by brand and filter by carrier to content. i want to display filter by brand and carrier next to below producttoolbar

below is my requirement screenshot

kindly help me for this…
help on this would be appreciated.

thanx

mpatel1748

Image Attachments
myrequirement.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

MI

Total Posts:  172
Spain

hi mpatel1748!

I need to do something similar. How do you get to move layered navigation to content page??

thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community