Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Email Sending Issues / Emails Not Sending (Version 1.3)

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi All,

We’re currently troubleshooting some issues that we’re having after upgrading to Magento 1.3 on our client’s server. For some reason, no email notifications are being sent out at all - whether from within the backend or the frontend.

They’re hosting with Rackspace, and didn’t have any issues with the Magento version prior.

As we dig through, has anyone had similar issues with the upgrade? Any recommendations for things we might check?

Cheers!
Lee

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

assault

Total Posts:  6

I am having the same problem.

No previous problems with magento but after updating to 1.3 I now do not get any emails via orders, or contact forms and the forms are not erroring out as they should. This is on a live site (this was not somethign we thought to test)

This is a HUGE Problem! please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

assault

Total Posts:  6

As it turns out, our postfix process on our linux server had gotten stalled and we had to restart it.

Hope this helps someone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Johannesburg, South Africa

I am on shared hosting ... and am having a similar problem, except the transactional emails are going through, but not the contact form even though it says successful. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

adsjflkj89j

Total Posts:  52

Yo, Im having the same problem in 1.2

For example Mage will send an order to a customer.  then not send the tracking info.  or wishlist to a friend.

This is a HUGE problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adsjflkj89j

Total Posts:  52

Could it be an spf record problem????

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Johannesburg, South Africa

My one was sorted. Because it was a new host ... it picked up my own email and was rerouting it locally, and I use gmail for my emails ... so it had nothing to do with magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fight and Flight Tactical

Total Posts:  16

I’m having the same issue.  I was running on crappy shared GoDaddy hosting, ran fine but super-slow, upgraded to Virtual Dedicated.  Installed 1.3.1 on new server, first 2 orders went thru, then no emails at all thru the site.  I reinstalled completely, made a new database, and still nothing.  Reinstalled again using 1.2.1.2, hoping that the issue was with 1.3.1, and no change.  Running Redhat Fedora 7, php 5.2x, and I am completely shut down without this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

auslaw

Total Posts:  12

Having the same problem on 1.2.1.2. Reinstalled php/magento but no luck. Also checked the php.ini and smtp settings look ok. I tried to make a php script to send a test email which works fine. I think it’s some config issue with magento. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fight and Flight Tactical

Total Posts:  16

Turned out it was the server DNS settings, not Magento.  If you’re on GoDaddy Virtual Dedicated, and you’re using any email NOT configured within the simple control panel, you will have issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

anaism

Total Posts:  28

Recently I got the same issue, oh this is totally disaster and now no email notifications and the customer cannot contact us through the website, this is not acceptable!!!

anyone can help???????????

... i am using 1.3.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

anaism

Total Posts:  28

FIXED!

Pls try to edit your php.ini as the following:

sendmail_path = “/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i”

It works perfectly now!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonassi

Total Posts:  217
Manchester, UK

If you are running Apache in a chroot, then you must you mini_sendmail (or alternative).

http://www.sonassi.com/blog/2009/06/08/magento-mini_sendmail-and-zend_mail-incompatibility/

Magento Community
Magento Community

mprowten

Total Posts:  1

Fight and Flight Tactical - 29 June 2009 10:53 PM

Turned out it was the server DNS settings, not Magento.  If you’re on GoDaddy Virtual Dedicated, and you’re using any email NOT configured within the simple control panel, you will have issues.

Can you elaborate on what the DNS and Email issues were with GoDaddy?
I have the same issue, moved from shared to dedicate server running CentOS, PHP5.2, with Magento v1.3.1.1. My customer emails go out ok but the Admin emails and Contact email page are not working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisdarl

Total Posts:  45

Mine weren’t sending at first, but I changed the emails method from Bcc to Seperate Emails in the admin config

Magento Community
Magento Community

SoSoDef

Total Posts:  31

chrisdarl - 09 July 2009 12:39 PM

Mine weren’t sending at first, but I changed the emails method from Bcc to Seperate Emails in the admin config

This worked for me. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2