Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Accept Google Wallet Payments

Apothegm

Total Posts:  7

Since Google is shutting down Google Checkout as of November 20, 2013 how can I start accepting Google Wallet payments using Magento 1.4.1.1 or will it still use the same API code?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

I’m curious about this as well. Is there currently a way (with any version of Magento) to use Google Wallet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hi,

After MANY emails to Google, they have confirmed that Google Checkout is being retired. Google Wallet will ONLY work for digital goods, like apps. If you’re selling a physical product, you will have to remove Google Checkout and use PayPal, Amazon Payments or a payment gateway. Grr! :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Retro Snapshots

Total Posts:  2

wow that’s stupid. Good thing I’ve got a gateway. Man some people are gonna be screwed because I don’t know about most, but I absolutely HATE Paypal. HATE them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

restos

Total Posts:  79

I’m currently selling digital goods with Magento.

Is there any way to accept Google wallet payments with magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

intelHub

Total Posts:  4
Derbyshire UK

Google states 20th November 2013 that its long established Google Checkout will be made obsolete, and no other applications are going to replace it.

However, they also state that Google Wallet is still going to be of service for sites that provide Digital Downloads ONLY.

This, i’m sure, is great news for people with Digital Download Only sites, however some people have a mixture of Digital Downloads & Physical Products for sale, whilst others only have Physical Products Only.

We have repeatedly requested information from Google asking a clear question:
IS GOOGLE WALLET ADOPTING THE MERCHANT ID & MERCHANT KEY TO STILL ALLOW FUNCTIONALITY IN MAGENTO???

We have so far received absolutely - NOTHING.

So, if any of you know for sure that your Magento site is working perfectly with GOOGLE WALLET on Digital Downloads, please let us know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

intelHub

Total Posts:  4
Derbyshire UK

restos - 26 October 2013 12:39 AM

I’m currently selling digital goods with Magento.

Is there any way to accept Google wallet payments with magento?

Hi, i guess you’ve come across the same problem as everyone else. We’ve not yet come across anyone that is successfully using Google Wallet with Magento to complete a Digital Download.
So far it appears that Google Checkout Merchant Key & ID doesn’t transfer to Google Wallet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nohart

Total Posts:  62
California

So is it safe to remove - Lib_Google_Checkout from Magento Connect Manager?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community