Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is this possible

tapebrothers

Total Posts:  96

Is there anyway to have featured products on the homepage with the products of just that website?

Because i use magento with multiple websites with just the one database and what i am using for the featured products pull products from all the sites.

Also has anyone come up with a way to have them show randomly in stead of the same ones every time?
My paid cart software pulls the featured products in randomly so every time the homepage loads it a different set of products.

Thank You
for any Help on this!!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Chicago area

tapebrothers - 16 April 2009 07:35 AM

Is there anyway to have featured products on the homepage with the products of just that website?

Because i use magento with multiple websites with just the one database and what i am using for the featured products pull products from all the sites.

Also has anyone come up with a way to have them show randomly in stead of the same ones every time?
My paid cart software pulls the featured products in randomly so every time the homepage loads it a different set of products.

Thank You
for any Help on this!!!!!

You can use the set product as New From/To dates and then use the code (un-commented) in the custom design tab of the default CMS home page. This will pull the files set as new and display them on the home page.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community