Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Continue Shopping Link” on Checkout? 

NickL

Total Posts:  188

Is there anyway of adding a “Continue Shopping” link on the Cart page that will take the customer back to the category they were browsing?  I noticed the cart page pops up every time a customer adds an item, might be helpful to provide a “back” link..

Any thoughts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Total Posts:  188

And Yeah.. I know you can use javascript to make a history -1 call, but I was wondering if theres a better way…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mckooter

Total Posts:  91

im with nickl on this one, when i went in i realized that there was not a link for this,

definately should be added, we as developers understand the basic process but customers need basic instructions and the continue shopping is what they use, (personally when im shopping i wish add to cart didnt even take me to the cart, just added it, but i guess customers need to see it)

Magento Community
Magento Community

WisdOMbooks

Total Posts:  144
Kolkata (Calcutta) - INDIA

mckooter - 08 September 2007 09:22 PM

definately should be added...customers need basic instructions and the continue shopping is what they use

I reported this as a *bug* in the first few days of the beta and AdiMagento replied that they are working on it.
I guess, then, a solution is readily waiting around the corner!

Magento Community
Magento Community

WisdOMbooks

Total Posts:  144
Kolkata (Calcutta) - INDIA

The ref thread for the above is this:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/15/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community