Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
All products “Out of Stock” in Grid View

RobOrr

Total Posts:  218

I’m still having a problem. I’ve reimported ALL of my products with appropriate image links etc. but I’m getting incomplete information. I don’t know that this is due to the same error, but I’m still showing empty products, no images for any product at all, and some product data is gone completely. I may just try to delete all database tables associated with products, and re-import again, unless someone else has a better idea?  It’s very strange - I’ve migrated the site, been able to restore the database and all categories, and I can see the products under “manage products”.  Here is where I found I was missing images and thought that might be due to my import not being set up correctly, but I’ve verified and everything seems to be in order.  I’m at a loss.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

Do you have several storeviews on your website? Maybe you import to the wrong storeview? Although this is not possible for stock data… - this is always global (afaik)

And how exactly do you import your products? Do you use the standard csv import or did you create a custom profile or do you use the API or do you use some custom code?

If you did not adapt the source code of Magento, I would also try to make a separate clean test installation, create the same stores and attribute sets and then import just a few of the products that you know to cause problems. If you have the same trouble here you can use this installation to debug without the fear of messing the live website up. If it works here, try to recreate your live shop step by step on this new installation - maybe this way you can see which setting causes the problem.

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

Hi - and thank you for your response! I have several websites set up within the one main installation (5) but all categories and products are correctly assigned to the default store. I’ve got a dev site set up and running on the same server (dedicated box) and I’m having the same issue there - some product data is there some isn’t.  The product data in the dev store has been specifically imported from the product related tables in the original db.  The dev site is a completely new installation, with new database - only difference is that I’ve added the db tables from the old site to this dev site in effort to find out what the problem is. I’ve tried al the

I guess the next step is to go back and try to re-add the products to the dev site through the dataflow module.  I use just the standard generic “import all products” throught the import/export profiles csv. ALL of the websites that I have set up use the same product database - they’re differentiated by categories assigned to specific websites. Since I migrated, I’ve not completed setting up the other stores, but I don’t think this should have any effect on the products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

Hmm, unfortunately I don’t have any good idea on how to tackle your issues.

If I understand correctly, you can see all product details in the admin but some you don’t see on the website. What happens when you save such an product again in the admin (without changing any values). Do the missing attributes appear now on the frontend? What happens when you change any values on the admin page? Do the changes appear on the frontend?

As far as I know (I am not sure at all...) each website has it’s own root category, so different websites do not not share any products. Does each website have only one store view or multiple? Do you have the same problem over all websites and store views or only some?

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

narcoclepsy

Total Posts:  10

hey i had the same problem check out this thread, you have to alter a mysql update oriented php file, or at least that worked for me.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/30703/P15/#t106611

take care!

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

I seem to have this issue fixed with the “out of stock” problem, now new problems have popped up.  Off I go to see if I can figure out what’s wrong now! Thanks for all your help everyone!

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

Okay - I’ve updated everything.  So far as I can tell I’ve got everything updated to 1.3.1.1.  I’ve noticed a new problem with inventory.  Although my data seems to be clean and aligned properly (going to triple check that in a minute) my category items are not displaying any information OTHER than the price when I select a category.  I have no idea why this is happening.  Any ideas?  Doesn’t really seem to matter what I do, my products aren’t being listed correctly - no title, no short description, no image but the price is there!

Could this be a database issue?  I’m not sure that the database has been updated properly, as I’ve run in to problems through Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yuretc

Total Posts:  10
Russia, Omsk

ccttu - 14 April 2009 06:38 PM

I thought I saw a post about this previously, but I cannot find it.  The problem is, after upgrading to v1.3, all of my products show “Out of Stock” in the Grid/List view.  However, the products are actually in stock and when you drill in to them, you see “Availability: In stock”.

I appreciate any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks!

i found a solution!
Go to “Catalog"->"Manage Products"->[youre items]->"Inventory" tab
“qty” must be >0 and “Stock Availability” must be “In Stock”

Sorry for my English

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre N

Total Posts:  186
CA

Yuretc - 31 May 2009 08:06 PM

ccttu - 14 April 2009 06:38 PM

I thought I saw a post about this previously, but I cannot find it.  The problem is, after upgrading to v1.3, all of my products show “Out of Stock” in the Grid/List view.  However, the products are actually in stock and when you drill in to them, you see “Availability: In stock”.

I appreciate any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks!

i found a solution!
Go to “Catalog"->"Manage Products"->[youre items]->"Inventory" tab
“qty” must be >0 and “Stock Availability” must be “In Stock”

Sorry for my English

No. That is the first thing I looked at (probably 60 times by now).

I have this EXACT problem with no success for 5 days now. Using flat catalog product and flat catalog category works, but the items show out of stock in compare still and no image for the product is displayed so this solution sucks. Very frustrating that EVERY product shows out of stock. I added these manually. I did not import them. They are simple products. I have fiddled with every single configuration option that could conceivably be related. I will edit core files if necessary to make this work I am that desperate. This is a huge waste of time. I had this problem on a clean install of 1.3.2.4. I upgraded today and now I still have this problem on 1.4. I have nothing else installed. No errors. Nothing in stock.
Help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre N

CA

bump

xtremelean.us/store

Magento Community
Magento Community

tsunami

Total Posts:  26

Anyone have any luck with this lately?

Method
- export existing product data (which do show as show “in stock") to find proper field headers etc using “Export All Products” in Config/Import/Profiles
- update file with my product information, modify and save as XML
- import using “Import All Products” via Config/Import/Profiles

Result
- all new products are listed but display “Out of Stock”
- backend lists products properly

Troubleshooting
- cleared cache
- reindexed
- if I select “Config/Inventory/Product Stock Options, Manage Stock Options = no” product still shows out of stock on front end - I am using unlimited downloadable products so this is my usual setting - one would think if this is selected, “Out of Stock” should not display

however…

- if I select “Config/Inventory/Product Stock Options, Manage Stock Options = yes” then list a quantity and select “in stock” - error still occurs

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tsunami

Incidentally now adding a new product no longer works either - it also shows “Out of Stock”.

Magento 1.4.0.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre N

CA

Hey,

I fiddled with this problem for about 2 weeks with no luck. I did use the database repair tool with no success.

I did a complete reinstall of 1.3.2.4 and everything works like it should. I wish I had reinstalled sooner rather than waste my time wink

xtremelean.us/shop

everything is in stock smile

good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

tsunami

Thanks for the reply.  I will give your suggestion a try today.

Cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

wdecamp

Total Posts:  46

Has anyone had any success of the “out of stock” issue on version 1.4?  I have already found many bugs in this release in a couple of days.  Should I be working with another version?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3